Updating Apps...

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by lilboarder32, Jan 24, 2009.

1. lilboarder32

lilboarder32 Member

Jan 20, 2009
    High School Student
    Arizona
    #1 lilboarder32, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
    Hey everyone I recently just moved my entire iTunes library to an external hard drive and now it seems that whenever I check for updates, it doesn't report that I have any to download. But when I check on my iPhone appstore it sometimes comes up with updates to download. Has anyone else had this problem or have a solution? (Besides moving library back)
    EDIT: The problem is now fixed and no longer occurs, thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

2. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    I believe iTunes applications are pulled from that \iTunes\Mobile Applications\ folder.

If you move the folder and iTunes sees that it as empty, then it may not show the applications and hence no updates.

You could try changing the default library path to your external drive, but then you'd always need that drive available when you are in iTunes using anything to do with applications. I assume the default path can be changed in the iTunes preferences/options.

It works on your iPhone because regardless if you moved your library to an external drive, the applications are still also on your iPhone. So the iPhone will have no problem either way. :p

3. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    This. It works the same way with songs

4. lilboarder32

lilboarder32 Member

Jan 20, 2009
    High School Student
    Arizona
    Update

Ya i changed the default library path originally, i followed all the steps on apple.com, and my external is always connected to my comp and always on, that's not the problem. I'm not sure what else to do, Its not too big of a hassle downloading the updates on my phone but sometimes takes a while if there are multiple downloads. If you have any more suggestions, please feel free to share them.