[Upcoming] Smash Dungeon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by plasticcow, Feb 10, 2019.

1. plasticcow

plasticcow Active Member

Thought you might like to see another update, this time more focused on game play than features.

Still a few things to do before I get to the polish & bug fix phase (and there's a lot of polish to do & bugs to fix) but it feels like there's some light at the end of the tunnel now.

Hope you enjoy, Thanks.

latte13 and Legion180 like this.
  2. latte13

latte13 Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Male
    So.... this might be in BETA soon or you going right to market on completion...?

plasticcow likes this.
  3. Hector Ruiz

Hector Ruiz Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Male
    plasticcow likes this.
  4. plasticcow

plasticcow Active Member

Hey latte13,

Its missing some crucial game play elements at the moment and still quite buggy as I'm pulling everything together. As soon as those are in I'll do a limited public beta for people on here while continuing to bug fix, polish and optimize.

FYI
    I'm still missing secret rooms and special rooms are still a bit half arsed. Once I'm happy with these and I've fixed some of the more serious bugs I'll look at doing a beta.

Thanks.

latte13 likes this.
  5. Legion180

Legion180 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    From what you’ve told us about the game I have a feeling that it will be like The Binding Of Isaac. And that’s great. If it will be at least 10% like TBOI with those abilities, perks, replay ability and randomness - your game will be a gem.
    But even now it looks cool.
    Good luck! Take all the time you need, good things are created slowly. And don’t apologize if the reason of any delay is something personal, we are all human, we understand.

plasticcow likes this.
  6. Amikasa

Amikasa New Member

Jul 18, 2019
    Female
  7. Alex Gut

Alex Gut New Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Male
    Hi!Followed the project in social media from a long time and now decided ask would I any little help in beta if it will be and if it necessary,of course.It is interesting to me how it will be looks like on my Android tablet.
    Thank You for attention!
    Here is my e-mail: [email protected]

8. Xcreyan

Xcreyan New Member

Jul 18, 2019
    Male
  9. plasticcow

plasticcow Active Member

Hi Guys,

Just an FYI.

I've no plans for Android just yet. Smash Dungeon will require a high end device and at present my Samsung S7 currently struggles to maintain the 60fps frame rate I want (getting 30-40) and while I have been making decisions throughout development with regards to performance there's always more to be done so I'll be looking at further optimizations as one of my final tasks.
    Last time I checked I was getting a good frame rate on my 2018 iPad and that was without further optimization so I would expect iPhone 6(s) and above to handle this pretty well, but hey, that's where the beta will help ;)

AltsKev, Alex Gut and Legion180 like this.
  10. aricall

aricall Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Tattooist
    Game looks awesome great to see all the updates been following along for awhile. Would love to help test on my iPad Pro and iPhone. [email protected]

plasticcow likes this.
  11. Skit

Skit New Member

Aug 4, 2019
    Male
    Хочу помочь лишнего говорить не буду игра заинтересовала
    Почта [email protected]

12. slack8182

slack8182 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2017
  13. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
  14. Stephan0711

Stephan0711 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
  15. Елаха

Елаха New Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Male
    Я хочу записаться на бета тест [email protected] почта

16. plasticcow

plasticcow Active Member

Hi, sorry for the radio silence. I've been away for a couple of weeks + doing the many tasks that need doing to get it to beta.
    I'll be looking to have a beta available sometime this month via test flight.
    I'll keep you posted :)

Legion180 and latte13 like this.
  17. plasticcow

plasticcow Active Member

Just wanted to share some progress with you on the new shop room. If you find one you'll be able to spend some of your loot on items to help you in your quest for more loot :)

new shop.PNG

A few more rooms left to rework before the beta. More updates soon.

latte13 and Legion180 like this.
  18. plasticcow

plasticcow Active Member

More progress. Another room lit and ready for action.

Take a chance and open a chest, whats the worst that could happen?

ScreenShot1.png

I lit this room two weeks ago and I spent all last week working on a tool to help place light probes which are used for lighting dynamic objects such as the player and enemies. The tool took longer than I expected but should save time in the long run.
    The light probes are not being used in the above screen hence the player looking a bit orange.

Next up is to use the light probe information for the room you are in which should be straight forward (I'll add a comparison screenshot), then I can just crack on improving the lighting for the other rooms and making sure they work correctly.

There has been a little feature creep in that I have a couple more room ideas I'd like to add to make the game a bit more varied.
    Thanks.

Legion180, latte13 and Gwarmaxx like this.
  19. plasticcow

plasticcow Active Member

Chance room is almost fully complete. He's a quick vid to show the animations.

Legion180 and Alex Gut like this.
  20. plasticcow

plasticcow Active Member

#60 plasticcow, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    I give up predicting when this will be ready, I'm afraid it will be done when its done ;)

I have been working hard on creating a new room and a new feature since the last post.
    This room is called Club Smash and its kind of a chill out zone for the enemies. Its a secret room but if you find it you can go there and enjoy the relaxing entertainment such as cage fighting, dancing skeletons, a band and gambling. You can also start a fight but the enemies in here are a tougher than the average enemy.

The new gameplay feature added is a new dash ability where you can slide across tables and other similar objects giving you a means to escape and attack. Here's a quick example of how you can use it.

I'm looking at adding one more gameplay feature this week and then its content & polish before beta.

Thanks.

latte13 likes this.