Universal Upcoming roguelike planet exploration / crafting game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by keybol, Oct 5, 2018.

1. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #1 keybol, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Here's a first glimpse of gameloop for a new game, Rogue Planets which I'm creating for iOS. It has action packed roguelike challenge. The player can dash roll to avoid a barrage of bullets. I added looting similar to Zelda Breath of the Wild for players to discover and create different recipe to help them in their quest. There will also be weaponsmithing to create one of the hundreds of guns available. If you'd like to know more about, you can follow this thread or follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/keybol/

nyanpass likes this.
  2. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Your previous work Tower Fortress was nice too. This new game also looks great!

keybol likes this.
  3. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thank you! Glad you like Tower Fortress! I'm trying to implement the same action packed feel with random levels and enemies that are fun to shoot. I'm trying something new with this game with crafting.

Cooper04 likes this.
  4. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    This looks really fun! I’m always a fan of stuff like this.

keybol likes this.
  5. AlexWild

AlexWild Active Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Male
    Wow! Nice job implementing the loot system. I like the concept of create different weapons with mats. I'll try it ;)

keybol likes this.
  6. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #6 keybol, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Thanks! Introducing Cardify System which can generate new items from your loots. We're cooking up recipes that can generate hundreds of weapons and equipments and a variety of powerups and potions.

upload_2018-10-7_12-22-56.png

Cooper04 likes this.
  7. crevasse

crevasse Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 14, 2018
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Transylvania
    Love the graphics! Really nicely done so far; can't wait to play. Followed you on Twitter :)

Cooper04 and keybol like this.
  8. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks for the follow! You'll love how we mix the roguelike and discovery elements. We'll post a video soon of the crafting and its effects.

crevasse and Cooper04 like this.
  9. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Here's how to create a Heart Refill: Combine 20 Gems, 5 Shards and 2 Eyeballs!

Cooper04 likes this.
  10. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Cool! This game looks really fun so far.

keybol likes this.
  11. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    oh, the Tower Fortress dev :) i was curious to see your next work. This is looking good, my advice would be to make it at least on par or better than Soul Knight (my top game of this genre)

keybol likes this.
  12. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thank you! The twist is, whatever you create and there will be rare and epic ones, will now be available to be randomly dropped on loot crates or show on level stores showing players how that planet advanced because of your first exploration.

13. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #13 keybol, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    We have a title for the game now, and it's called Rogue Planets. Also here are the cards new redesigns and an example crafting of new weapon, the Uzi.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I saw the video of you crafting an eyeball. I’m not sure how many cards there are to collect for combining but the one thing I didn’t see that I highly recommend is a sort of some kind, and I noticed when you took a card out you had to scroll down to place it in an empty spot, might I suggest you set it up so you can just move the card out of the combine boxes and “drop” and it just automatically goes back in to the list. I know it’s a minor complaint but wait until you have an inventory filled with all these different materials and you have to scroll down every time you want to return a card to the list, lol

keybol likes this.
  15. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback! In the video, I just showed you can also organize the cards by dragging on empty slots. You'll see that the bladder was swapped with Eyeball. You can drop on any occupied slots and you'll have the cards swapped. You can also drag something from your inventory to the crafting slot and get the old slot replaced by the new one. In the video, I could also have just closed the inventory and all items in the crafting slot will go back to the Inventory.

Another thing, if you have an item in the crafting slot which is not part of the recipe, you can still craft the item without removing the unnecessary ingredient. The arrows are there so you can see what else you've made and pick which one you want.

The cards are also divided into 5 types, Loots, Items (Shield, Potion), Weapons (guns, sword), Throwables (grenades), Upgrades (armor, jetpack) and Quest Items (boss keys, Rune Artifact) then rarity. I am also planning on adding sorting for these types, rarities and quantity.

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Is this still on

17. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    yes, it's still on! we have some exciting stuff to share soon