[Upcoming] QuestLord 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LavaLevel, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    I have to disappoint you. It’s the release date for supporters. After they test the game, it will be released for public. But it shouldn’t be long

2. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Thank you for the information. Hope it will be released soon…

3. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
    Meanwhile a new update about QuestLord 1 for iOS has just been released!

4. LavaLevel

LavaLevel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    Hey everyone !

I wanted to come here and make it official. After brief ( extremely brief ) reflection of where things with QuestLord 2 stand at the moment, I indeed will not be releasing on a set date of February 22, 2022. ( **funny story about that date... I didn't realize Wordpress autosaved it & then boom! But it is actually a good thing because it lit a fire to get so much progress this year to get this done. Why did I write that date? (look at me, always making side quests!) more on that tangent later... )

So where I am now?

Really Really close. Honestly, I think I could push it out but I know I would be scrambling like mad to fix up little things here and there that could be caught with more testing. QuestLord QuickGame would not be what I want it to be, let alone some of the ending levels. It just wouldn't have the finality that it deserves.

So that's where I am now. And honestly I should say 'we' as my crowdfunded testers guild has put in an amazing effort at making this the best product possible and want to even make it better. I've come this long with tragedy, slipped ship dates, rewrites, more tragedy, pandemics and loss. When my attention goes to rent, health, or having to take on other duties, the entire project usually grinds to a halt. But I pick it back up again and continue. To push it out too soon would be a disservice to the fans, players, testers, contributors, everyone who believed in me, and most of all myself. There are real humans behind this project with emotions feelings and lives and I can't thank you all for recognizing that.

I am clearly not out to make a fortune on this project or even 'break even' (whatever that means) because I would do it all over again no matter what. I am making QuestLord 2 to create something I love and believe in. I know the medium has changed, indie developers are even more abundant, mobile might not seem like the platform 'to be on' for many, but none of that matters. I still love mobile more than anything and I am in awe every day & night that I pick up my tablet to test, play games, draw, watch the news or videos. It's still what I want to develop on first & foremost. And QuestLord 2 has been my only devotion for almost 7 years since I announced it.

Oh, and yes QuestLord 1 is 9 years old and got a much deserved update. Also I am submitting one right now because isn't that how it always works when you update then have to update the updates.:confused: But nothing critical. :)

So thank you thank thank you for your interest & support. I'll show up more and try to communicate more during this next month of finishing. I always say that an vanish for long periods of time. Sometimes work, sometimes anxiety & stress.

uhm.... **oh the tangent side quest...

I found the numbers fascinating. 2-22-2022. That's going to be a great day. That's going to be that last day of my 4th decade on this planet. Another reason why I am not going to destroy myself to get it out that day. I want to see 50 the next morning. ;)

You can always follow me on my Discord. (listed in QuestLord 1), See me in Slack if you're one of the testers from the QuestLord Guild. (If you donated to closed crowdfund).

Or just buy me a coffee! Old man has to stay awake! https://ko-fi.com/erickinkead. I have cool updates and would love to do monthly drops if I had any subscribers, but I'll be grateful for more coffee. ;)

thanks again everyone and the QuestLord guild and I look forward to seeing you at release!

delivery date: when finished

enjoy some screenies:

World Map
    [​IMG]
    A view from the World map. Notice the Notes! There is 1 user made Note on this world map. It is also Dawn. 5:43 A.M. on the 154th day of the year 3000. currently clear skies, Tracking turned off.(already traveled areas)

Traversing the land
    [​IMG]
    View of the surrounding area. We turned around north from the map above to view the incoming storm. Sandstorms are painful. You can see that your character has a hunger alert. Traversing the desert can drive up a player's metabolism and drain their Health and Lore meters. Spell book is ready. It's dangerous here. Let's hope we have some refreshments.

Inventory
    [​IMG]
    Ah-ha! Plenty of goods in this inventory of stackable items. Oh, what's this? A side pack? Holding up to 3 stacked items? It looks like it's Taco Tuesday! Note: Side packs can't hold side packs or Quest Items. But chests can, which is helpful for your home. ;)

N P C
    [​IMG]
    A night time encounter! Maybe she has valuable clues! Or witty banter. Or maybe she knows of a release date for QuestLord 2 !!! Only 1 way to find out!

:p:)

5. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
    Eric! You are a great human being! Take all the time you need: you, the fans, players and the game itself deserve all the time is needed! Your post is awesome, the game will be marvellous! Thank you, really, thank you!

addink likes this.
  6. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
  7. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
  8. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Watching for this one

9. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Playing Elden Ring is making me excited for this release.

10. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    So, uh… still nothing

11. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    He did a giveaway of the first Questlord on reddit recently and said that the release of the sequel was right around the corner.

Truncana likes this.
  12. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    He is saying this for about… 2 years?)

sharfaust and AltsKev like this.
  13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    The corner:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sharfaust likes this.
  14. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    I
    I mean, the planet is a curve, thus a corner, thus, maybe another year. Yeah?

Also Questlord is damn beautiful, I remember finishing it on android some years back. I wouldn’t mind being surprised by a sudden release in 2025.

Alex DeLargest and Truncana like this.