[Upcoming] QuestLord 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LavaLevel, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Golden0

Golden0 New Member

Feb 26, 2020
    Male
    Any chance this is still coming out today?

solarnya likes this.
  2. LavaLevel

LavaLevel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    Not a chance. I am shooting for next week, but that is tentative as well. We are alpha right now and I am going to push out 1 more build this weekend for my testers. Also I am going to try to nail down all the rewards for my ko-fi.com donors.

Sorry for the delay, the gates are almost open.

stubbieoz likes this.
  3. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    elongated and elongated

4. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Yep. I remember preordering games several years back where the same thing would happen. As soon as the release date arrived, it got pushed a week or two. And it kept happening. It got annoying. If you need more time, just take it. When you give a release date and break it over and over again, all you are doing is frustrating people and trying their patience. At least, in my experience.

5. LavaLevel

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    I just can't release with bugs. :(

I am so sorry for the delay. Honestly it really hurts me inside to miss these dates for years. It absolutely kills me when things like SDK changes and phone models that break my code push me back for months at a time.

It's weird because in a way, a 1 man show always wants to look like a large team of multiple guys to give across the best impression of quality.

Yet a 1 man show can not function like a large team of multiple guys. I just can't physically meet all those expectations on an epic project like QuestLord 2. I want to, but I have always come out and have been honest with everyone that this is just me.

I hope I can ear appreciation and consideration despite the stumbles.

yankeeblue000 likes this.
  6. sharfaust

Jul 1, 2013
    That’s all well and good, and it sounds like you are frustrated by the lengthy process too, but maybe don’t give out a release date that you aren’t 100% sure that you are going to meet. Especially since you are just “a one man show.” I am willing to wait for games that I am interested in. That patience dwindles as release dates come and go. I know you are frustrated, but you don’t have to throw out release dates that you can’t meet. Just say ‘soon’ and maybe give progress reports.

7. LavaLevel

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    ok, will do!

I hope to earn and maintain whatever interest you still may have despite the years and years of short comings.

(this really is on the verge, updates coming, and thanks again for your valuable input!)

addink and sharfaust like this.
  8. sharfaust

Jul 1, 2013
    Any update?

9. sharfaust

Jul 1, 2013
    Anything new?

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    No, he’s gone silent on discord too. I asked if it was going to be April now but no answer.

11. sharfaust

Jul 1, 2013
    Definitely not the best way to launch a game. Giving several release dates and breaking them all. Then going completely silent. Doesn’t bode well for the game.

12. sushibox

sushibox Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I know this game might be in development purgatory but I’m still looking forward to this seeing the light of day. Although with as long as it’s been without any news or word I may be just being overly optimistic.

13. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yea this is really too bad I def know how much it sucks when a new iOS version or Xcode version means you have to rewrite a bunch of code.

this game seemed so so close too. I hope the dev gets the support and motivation needed to push through the obstacles. I know I’ve faced them time and time again. Stick with it dude.

stubbieoz, AltsKev and Truncana like this.
  14. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Man. I’m still interested in this. I think I went pretty far in the original questlord game on ios.

15. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Hi everyone! I’m trying to finish QuestLord (1). I miss only the last two parts of the “narrative videos” (Chapter 6 and Finale). I am in perilous peaks just after bringing the gem to the king of dwarves. Any clues on what I have to do now?

16. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
    Any news on QuestLord 2???

LateralusRok likes this.
  17. addink

addink Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    just noticed the questlord site indicates a new release date for Questlord 2:
    February 22, 2022

\o/
    2: 2 22 22.. 2: 2 22 22..

stubbieoz and Truncana like this.
  18. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
    Great news!!!

19. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Looking forward to this