Upcoming Promo!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by ceruphin, Dec 26, 2009.

1. positron9

positron9 Active Member

Dec 15, 2009
    I'm having fun with this app! The game play is good, but I am nowhere near the high score yet. Still getting the hang of it! It is like a solitaire puzzler, but with battle axe and warhorns. yeah!

2. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    its a good game... but scoring system is confusing

3. ceruphin

ceruphin Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Sales Engineer
    Baltimore, MD
    Glad you all are enjoying the game - $25 itunes promotion continues

this promotional challenge will continue for a few days - exact details will be posted if nobody can beat my hi-score after a while

anybody who purchases this please remember to leave us a review if you enjoy the game, we very much appreciate the help!

So again, we will be happy to answer any questions about maximizing your score and hints, etc.

remember in campaign mode: clearing the board is good, but don't waste time either, you get a lot of good bonus points for remaining time. Also, try to GO BERSERK at the end of each level with only one shield remaining. If you do this on every level you will get a million extra points (100,000 per level on 10 levels). also keep in mind that your HEALTH is there as a courtesy to protect you against stupid luck, but we also give you the option to sacrifice that HEALTH for points, but that is almost a function of the confidence in the player.

let me know if anybody else has any specific questions

4. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    What do you mean go berserk? Do you mean the use the axe?

5. ceruphin

Dec 24, 2009
    Sales Engineer
    Baltimore, MD
    yea GO BERSERK = use the axe

definitely be careful about how and when you use it, but it is a great way to get points, just remember it hurts you

and for anybody else i think we have a pretty sweet in-game manual that explains the rules and scoring pretty well

you should flip through that thing if you want to take on the challenge, it might help

6. ceruphin

Dec 24, 2009
    Sales Engineer
    Baltimore, MD
    #46 ceruphin, Dec 26, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
    "I just want to say one thing that will make things easier: the way devs usually give gift cards is just e-mail the person the code."

that's a good idea actually, thanks : )

7. Unknownalias11

Unknownalias11 Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    I can only get 10 million every time... This is hard. I even go berserk once or twice every round.

8. SunriseMoon

Sep 22, 2009
    I only go berserk at the end of a round when I have one shield left on the board, and none left to finish. I almost beat the score, but then I lost the game, so I didn't get the extra 5,000 points that would have won me a $25 gift card. I'm going to keep on trying.

9. positron9

positron9 Active Member

Dec 15, 2009
    you guys sound like you're a lot closer than me. I can't get past round 6. I need a new strategy. I'm doing the berserker axe w/ one shield up, and trying to use the horns at the best moments, but I run out of time in that round.

10. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    cant get past 10 mil:(:(:(:(:(

so close but yet so far:p

11. SunriseMoon

Sep 22, 2009
    I can't beat the game :(

12. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    cant do it... just cant do it....:(:(:(

13. Unknownalias11

Unknownalias11 Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    i got to 11.2mil but that's as far as it goes for me lol

14. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    can only get to 10.7 mil... i just dont know how to get farther...:(

15. alerus

alerus Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Hey, guys. I'm one of the devs of the game and you guys are doing pretty well. Ceruphin played the game a lot during the development so he had lots of time to get good. The fact that 11 mil has been broken is quite good.

Also, Ceruphin will not be as available for about a week, so if one of you gets it soon, you may want to email (or cc) me the information instead at [email protected].

Just a note: when you post your score, you may want to use a name thats the same as (or very close to) your user name for these forums for easier identification. Or please post the name you will be using ahead of time in this thread. If you don't do that we can still verify that its you, but we'll have to go through a bit more work to do it. We just want to be sure its the right person for who ever wins so we don't give it to someone pretending to be you who responded to us sooner :)

16. ceruphin

Dec 24, 2009
    Sales Engineer
    Baltimore, MD
    I bet you $25 that You can't beat my high score

I would love to give this gift card away, anybody still up for the challenge?

Hey everybody, managing to get a post up from my iPhone in puerto Rico! I love this thing...

Just want to say thanks to everybody who has tried to beat our score and left us reviews on the app store - all 5 stars so far!

To get this going a little more, lets try this:

tips to win:
    1. Always "go berserk"(use the axe) at the end of every level. But be careful, do so when there are only one or two shields left

2. Go for BIG combos! The point muliplier NEVER stops increasing as your combos continue. Remember that "warhorns" (wild cards) and "going berserk" do not end your combos

3. You always receive a warhorn for clearing a color - even if you use a warhorn for the last shield in the color. Use one to get one back if needed.

4. Look for patterns, for example if three 7's and two 6's are on the board play them in the order 7-6-7-6-7...

5. And last for today - try to clear that board! The more times you clear the board during a round the better!!

I hope those help, again I got pretty good at this while testing during the development of the game. Please keep sending me any questions... And spread the word!!

Good luck! [/SIZE][/SIZE]

17. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    ugh:(

i still cant get past 108,000

18. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    looks like nobody has beaten it yet. but im still trying!

19. ceruphin

Dec 24, 2009
    Sales Engineer
    Baltimore, MD