Upcoming Metroidvania: Into the Abyss

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by developernoe, Jun 11, 2018.

1. developernoe

developernoe Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Male
    #1 developernoe, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Update
    Android version released: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamesbynoe.intotheabyss
    Stay tuned for iOS

Hello friends! Today I would like to announce my new project, which I'm working on.
    INTO THE ABYSS - an exploration-focused retro-styled side-scrolling platformer. The game is expected to follow the Metroidvania-style gameplay of the post-Metroid and Castlevania game series; The objective of the player is to guide main protagonist and player character Rose Sullivan through a mistery city to find answers for the nature of her nightmares.

Ingame screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Character controller and lights test:

INTO THE ABYSS will be presented in a 2D 8-bit pixel art style. The game is expected to be released in 2018 for mobile and PC platforms (as HTML5 game).

2. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Free or ... please please premium? Mobile needs more true metroidvania games. So will the game have 1 humongous map (eg: symphony of the night) or will each area be separated by story events with the areas being large deplorable maps (eg: dungeon x dungeon) ? Or I guess just level based like those goblin sword or whatever it’s called games? Also of course will have the normal finding items that unlock new areas, back tracking, etc..? It looks good though can’t wait to see more.

3. edex

edex Member

Jun 6, 2018
    Female
    Wow! What a mysterious name. When is release date?

4. developernoe

developernoe Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Male
    Hi! This game will have one big map (e.g. Symphony of the Night). And of course there will be necessary items and abilities. You simply can't pass to the next area without finding them. I'm still thinking about monetization process so the answer will come closer to release.

5. developernoe

developernoe Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Male
    Hello. The release date is scheduled for the first half of september 2018. Stay tuned! )

Sarah Saunders and Gwarmaxx like this.
  6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i'll be waiting for it, looks really good and a real metroidvania...

7. micdune

micdune Member

May 23, 2018
    Looks great, good pixel art around.

8. developernoe

developernoe Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Male
    Thank you!

9. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I always prefer the try free with full unlock if you like it. Stories of Bethem does that and you buy the whole game after the first dungeon. But a lot of others usually go until after the first boss. Or you could just go straight up purchase the whole thing up front. Whatever you decide just letting people know it’ll be a true metroidvania will get sales, everyone loves a good one and mobile really does lack in that department. Although there are a few decent ones.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I like what we’re seeing so far. If I may make a suggestion, your jump physics could use a tweak. From what we can see on the video, your character drops at the same speed as she jumps — that makes the leap feel floaty. I would try accelerating the drop to make the action feel more realistic.

Looking forward to seeing more!

11. developernoe

developernoe Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Male
    #11 developernoe, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Hello. Thanks for your opinion about that title. in INTO THE ABYSS the main emphasis will be placed on the storyline and I just finished all the cutscenes.

Later I will upload new gameplay video so please stay tuned ;)

12. developernoe

developernoe Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Male
    It's time for little update. This time i uploaded two new videos about my upcomming game INTO THE ABYSS. Check it out!

13. Robert denis

Robert denis Active Member

Jun 21, 2018
    Male
    Great pixel art :)

14. developernoe

developernoe Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Male
    Thank you!

15. denisvjcr

denisvjcr Active Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Looks great!

16. developernoe

developernoe Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Male
    Hi! Thank you. Update is comming soon.

17. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    I look forward to its release. :>

18. developernoe

developernoe Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Male
    Just uploaded new video footage about upcoming title. Check it out.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  19. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Ohh looks sveet! Is the release still on track for September ? This month has sucked for releases. Except I beta tested Barbearian and that was actually pretty fun. I just didn’t have any money to buy it after it actually came out :p but anyways I’m gonna for sure get an iTunes card on the first in preparation for this ;)

20. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Nice TA article on the front for this game ^_^ always good when you get a shout out from TA