Upcoming game iTunnel 3D

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by blahhala, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Great looking forward to it. Btw, on the music, it was just a catchy tune I remembered, but it works in the video.

2. blahhala

blahhala Active Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Now you can subscribe to our newsletter and posts to keep you up to date.

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #23 arta, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
    Holy crap that's a brilliant concept! Graphics are a little muddy, and need to be better/ cleaner for the gaps to be seen quicker. Otherwise I think I'm seeing another future appstore hit (especially with the name iTunnel 3D).

4. Akaijin

Akaijin New Member

Dec 15, 2008
    I rememeber it was my first game on the 386 years ago.
    These AppStore games bring me back to Amiga-Pc games of late '80s and early '90s (and that's good!)

Will there be path choices going on with the levels? A kind of Outrun structure?
    Take care of the game!

5. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I just signed up for your newsletter. I trust you're not going to sell my email to anyone :D

6. blahhala

blahhala Active Member

Feb 25, 2009
    iTunnel

Hi All!

First of all, thanks again for all the kind words you said.

About the newsletter. We won't sell or freely distribute the list. The purpose is keeping all of you up to date regarding the upcoming softwares.

Most of you gave us a lots of good ideas and advises! (Thanks!)

Soon we'll post a detailed list of the existing and planned features of the game!

Please check the blog site or subscribe our newsletter!

Take care all of you guys!

C.A.Team.

7. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Thanks for the update. iTunnel looks great so many of us await its appearance.

8. TKO

TKO Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Wow, totally trippy visuals there! ..Good choice of textures too. It can be hard sometimes to see which part is the hole and which part is the wall. Love the concept. Look forward to seeing it.

(That reminds me so much of the mini-game in Slam Tilt pinball ..the space table ..the game that takes place in the LCD panel.)

9. blahhala

blahhala Active Member

Feb 25, 2009
    iTunnel Pre release

Hi All,

in a couple of days we'll launch a pre-release version of the game.
    If you want to participate in a pre-release evaluating and writing review or comment about the game, please send a short e-mail with a few words about yourself to [email protected] . Please provide your UDID in your letter.

The lite version will be out soon!

Take care,

C.A.Team

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Just dropped you an email, so hopefully it won't end up in your spam filter :)

11. TheOnePb

TheOnePb Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Still on school
    Holland
    Thanks!

I also send an e-mail! Great that we TA users can participate!;)

12. blahhala

blahhala Active Member

Feb 25, 2009
    iTunnel Pre release

Today we launched the pre-released version of the game.
    We selected a couple of dozens of volunteers who should got an e.mail with the details.
    But it isn't too late. If you want to join, please don't hesitate!

Cheers,
    C.A.Team

13. TheOnePb

Jan 11, 2009
    Still on school
    Holland
    Review

If you from the iTunnel 3D crew allow me, I can upload my review (send in mail)!
    :)

14. TheOnePb

Jan 11, 2009
    Still on school
    Holland
    #34 TheOnePb, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
    iTunnel 3D Review by TheOnePb

What you need to know before reading this review:
    1. I tested a beta version with only 1 level, no content in the instructions, track manager and scores.
    2. The screenshots I took and that are in this review have been taken in the default fps settings.
    3. I tested this game on my iPod Touch 2G 2.2.1 16 G.

[​IMG][​IMG]

iTunnel 3D, a game that will come in the appstore soon. Yes, it's like the internet game, only better playable by the accelerometer on your iPod Touch/iPhone.

The beta I tested had 1 level, that means 1 game mode: get the fastest time. Fun, but survival would be a good add too: hit the gate and game over. Also, a game mode which has one level, but when you are at the start again, you play it 25% faster, and so on, would be cool! And, difficulty levels are needed, but this beta had only one level so I'm sure they would do it on the full version!

The graphics of the game are very nice. In the 'Home screen > settings > iTunnel 3D' (will probably be in game options when the hits the appstore) you can change various settings like enable/disable sounds/music, overlay hue (nice add!), and rendering (battery will go longer / better frames per second)
    - Overlay hue: the color of the letters/numbers/signs of the screen. Nice add.
    - Rendering: max fps is somehow looking laggy; default setting is good, very nice. (26 fps). Possible options: 20, 24, 26, 28 32, max fps.

When you start the game you'll enter the menu, which shows a bit what we can expect. The menu has 2 portrait and 2 landscape options (see screens), so that means every way! They've thought about the problem that you are playing and you will go from portrait to landscape: when you play the direction is locked.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

What's a really nice add is that on the background of the menu a slideshow of gates is applied. Really nice touch. The only thing what would be nice is that the green color changes to other colors too!

When I played the game (on school), everybody around me was watching and wanted a play! Almost everyone knew the game from internet and the liked the graphics a lot!

What would be a nice add are bones objects, but that is already on the 'to do' list! After bumping on a gate, it is sometimes too difficult to get on again. But that's in the internet game a problem too!

In the future there will be a level editor! That's really, really fantastic, isn't it.

About the graphics, well, see yourself:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I think they are great. You're going pretty fast so you may think 'the tunnel isn't really sharp:confused:', but it is looking good. And for the objects, ... :eek:! Imagine this was just a screenshot, while there isn't a pause button yet (missing?)...

About the gameplay. .. Well, I guess you know. I played until I had no crashes, what is pretty difficult. :rolleyes: That's why a survival mode would be cool.

The game calibrates automatic, but I don't know when:confused:. Pretty confusing.

The music of the game is a bit too unserious in my opinion, but the sounds are great. If you pass a gate you'll hear a wind sound and if you bump one you hear a .. bump sound.

In this one level there were 92 (?) gates, some were moving and some were difficult enough standing still. There are so much gates possible.. If you see what the cloubble crew has made.. [from their site]
    [​IMG]

Last but not least: letters and numbers on the screen:
    Left: level progress (bar) and points
    Right: Time;)

Also, check out the youtube video and if you have anymore questions, just ask:D!

This game has BIG potential!

TheOnePb

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Well, I hate to say "what he said", but "what TheOnePb said". That review was a pretty good summary of the preview version as it stands right now. I will say that I am impressed with the replay factor, even though there is only one level so far. I thought for sure it would get boring after the first round or two, but at the moment it's keeping me entertained. I definitely can't wait to see what the game is going to be like once there are objects to collect and such. The one thing that did puzzle me a bit was that I got the same score every time for completing the tunnel, no matter how many crashes I had. I'm not sure what is used to determine score, but it seems like the more I crash, the lower my score should be.

Also, for those concerned that the video was straining on the eyes and possibly causing headaches, I never felt that sensation with the game (and I'll admit that the video did bother me a bit).

16. blahhala

blahhala Active Member

Feb 25, 2009
    #36 blahhala, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
    Dear TheOnePb, Eric and all of you guys!

Thank you for the reviews! We are working on almost all of the recommendations. We would like to stay tuned with all of you.
    Extra: there is a new video called 'iTunnel 3D Prerelease A' on our blogsite: http://blog.cloubble.com/
    If interested, please check out!

Kind regards,
    Cloubble A. Team

17. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    So how have you guys been? Any more updates?

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I just got pre-release D, but unfortunately haven't had time to install it yet. Maybe I should go do that now...

19. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Do you know when this game will hit the appstore? It looks very good, I'm sure I'll buy it! :)

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I still haven't had the chance to try version D yet, but the last pre-release I had still only had one track in it, so I'd say it's a little ways away from release yet. I will say that it definitely gets better every time they make a new release, so you guys will be in for a treat when it's available.