iPad Up There

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by field5, Dec 31, 2008.

1. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    #1 field5, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2008
    I like Up There, but I think it's too hard...I can't get past the clouds and I keep having to go back to the beginning...I don't even know how many levels there are?? Does everyone feel this game is too hard? It should be easier or at least save points.

2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    no. Its like scoops, where you just keep trying again and again just for fun, compare your scores with your friends' and whatnot.

3. mikec24red

mikec24red Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    It is indeed challenging. After the clouds, the only thing left is the stars. I asked the dev and he said it takes a lot of practice to get to the stars. For him, he said that he gets to the stars only 1 in 3 plays. I think making it hard only makes you want to play it more and more because you want to try getting higher and higher. But I do agree that having some kind of other mode, (i.e. easy, medium, hard, or something else) would add to the game.

4. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Very interesting looking game. The possibilities are endless for upgrading and improving it. However, I don't care for games that are go till you die then start back at the beginning.

5. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    yea same here....I like it but feel like I'm wasting my time accomplishing what I already accomlished 25 times by starting from the beginning I'm not proving anything...

6. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    A "game" takes about 2-4 minutes. It's not like it's a big deal to start from the beginning. If it had save points you would easily beat this game in like 10 min and then never touch it again.

Beating it is the challenge. Like old arcade games.

7. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    good point...I never thought of it that way...BUT when all you have is a couple of minutes on a break or something...you don't want to waste your time...especially with all the competition out there there's no shortage of games to turn to

8. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Not much I can say about that point. I mean you are either interested in beating this game or you play something else, it's easy. However getting from level 1 all the way through 5 is the entire game. It only takes maybe 5 minutes to beat all the stages. Save points would totally ruin it, and how would scores even work?

9. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    I do like the game, just don't get the point...i mean if it's a 5 minute game then relpay value would be zero if you were to beat it...and it's more like a 2 and 1/2 minute game since the first 2 1/2 are spent doing what you've already done a million times before....so if the whole point is to beat the game and then move on to something else then let us do that with an option of an easy mode with save points....scores could work based on time it took to reach a certain height...

10. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    The only way it would work for me is if the gaps were randomly placed. This way you don't get used to the pattern and each game would be different. Is this how it works, or is it the same pattern each time?

11. mikec24red

mikec24red Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    the gaps are randomly placed so each time you play, its different.

12. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    there are so many gaps that even if they are the same it is very difficult to remember especially cuz it's moving so fast

13. sygg

sygg Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    It's a very nice game. It's hard but you can see your improvement with online score board.

14. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    I really like the "feel" of this game. It's relaxing in a way.

arn

15. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Is this game really worth the $1. It looks pretty simple, which can be good, but can also be bad in a way...

I might get it, but I just don't know if I'll keep playing after the first three tries or so. :p

Thanks

16. raoupp

raoupp Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    This game never gets old. Easily one of the best in the appstore.

17. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    has anyone beat the game? I only got up to the last level (level 5)

18. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    It is a very short game, but awesome and GREAT replay value. Anyone who likes Scoops should get this. I am trying to decide which I like better right now, this is more polished great soundtrack, Scoops does have its own charm...

19. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I picked it up cause it was $1 and I don't regret it at all. Great game and I love the music.

20. sygg

sygg Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Yah, great music, short but intense game.