iPad Up There

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tennisking1o1, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    A new game is out (or about to be out?) called Up There. It looks like a solid falldown-type game and looks fun. I'm on my touch so I can't post links, but slidetoplay has a review of it, giving it a 3/4 because it's great at what it dies, but what it does is limited.

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Its out now. Looks sort of dumb, but I don't have, if you do, what do you think?

3. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Agreed, seems like the kinda thing youd play for 5 minutes and then forget about ;)

4. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Buy, play, delete. Nothing noteworthy. Next we'll be making posts about DS Effects games. Ohh, wait we are.

5. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    i got it and i LOVE IT.

i admit i wont be playing it for three hours a day. but i can see myself having a blast whenever theres adverts on when im watching nba or something. its fun plus the soundtrack is frickin amazing. i could listen to it all day (thats down to personal taste)

its a great pick up and play game, not a beat it and throw it game.

TA has it spot on as they say its beautiful, because it is. and while simple, i dont think ill be deleting it for a while.

to sum up, you really need to ask yourself if the gameplay is the kind of thing you enjoy. if it is the audio, the art style and the excution is in my opinion worth the asking price.

6. Tennisking1o1

Nov 15, 2008
    If you're a person that likes games like Scoops, I think you owe it to yourself to check this game out. It's simplicity is what makes it great

7. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Are you trying to embarrass people? You can't admit to liking a game that has ice cream or balloons in it! :eek:

8. STP_Steve

STP_Steve Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Editor of slidetoplay.com
    San Francisco, CA
    Don't agree. It's clear that a lot of effort went into it, and it's actually pretty addictive, in a PapiJump sort of way.

9. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    yeah scoops and pipjump + are great examples.

highly addictive and well executed games that can give you short burst of fun t get past things liek waiting for a bus or train. or in between ad break while watching tv etc.

these games are worth their money. its not a campaign mode that is over after an hour.

10. Tennisking1o1

Nov 15, 2008
    Exactly, I have played scoops more than ashpalt, which was 10X the price.

11. mikec24red

mikec24red Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    #11 mikec24red, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
    scoring system

How does the scoring system work? For example, if you complete all 5 levels, do you always get the same high score? Because i'm worried about the replay factor since if you complete the 5 levels, there isn't really motivation to do it again and just get the same score?

12. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

I got this and love it. I agree about the comments that it's similar to Scoops, which I also really like. I think I like Up There better though. (sorry Eeen. Although it's just new and I have APP ADD so that's probably it.) As a comparison though, It is faster paced than Scoops.

Up There is a great pickup and play game. I've put quite a bit of time into today and can see myself keeping this on my iphone to play while waiting in line places.

13. jdr

jdr Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I really like this one. Not every game can have zombies, cars and towers.;) I think the scoring is based on speed x obstacles missed? Anyway, there is motivation to improve on your score. You don't get the same score every time you pass a level.

14. mikec24red

mikec24red Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    can anyone confirm that scoring is based on speed and obstacles missed? thanks

15. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Have you seen how fast Scoops gets when you build your multiplier up into the 40x range? :p

16. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

No, I haven't. I guess I'm not good enough. Back to Scoops I go. 40x multiplier, here I come.

17. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    before anyone shoots you. try to stay on topic :D

scoops is awesomesT@

18. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Link to this game anyone?

19. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    To contribute: I'm also curious about the re-playability of the game since to compete for the lowest time I'd think the "maze" would have to be the same every time?

20. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA