Universal Unstoppable (by Matthew Purchase)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 7, 2016.

1. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    The pattern for unlocks is standard regardless of the run. But the startegy is two fold. One you have to worry about driving - what path (distance / difficulty) and then what type of road layout you get (debris, bombs, enemies), two you have to worry about choices - if I have a short path I would choose to boost defense instead of speed and take hard.

Seriously it's worth it, pulled me away from Enter the Gungeon.

2. physicalpariah

physicalpariah Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Controls are just on screen buttons, left right, brake and boost. MFI is something I'd love to do but it's not officially supported just yet.

3. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer

Plenty of strats involved! You can choose to play defensively and equip your vehicle with hammers that'll knock others away, go on the full close combat offense with buzzsaws and shotguns, or keep it somewhere in between with machineguns, grenade-launchers other upgrade options. Strats aren't just limited to upgrades though, your driving style will need to change depending on the quantity / quality of enemies that spawn in.

As for a gameplay video, would a "lets-play" from me work? or would this do the job?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO6BTjubO6Q

4. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Really like this

Love the ability to choose between various difficulties at every step and the upgrades are lots of fun

5. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Thanks for replies, the trailer is OK for trailer, but I think a lets play or some extended unedited gameplay would help a lot of fence sitters and do wonders for helping marketing :)

6. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Okay, look out for a lets play soon then! (dw I'll post it here :D)

7. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    Really Hardcore game,thanks Dev for this.

8. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    You're welcome! Thanks for Truckin!

9. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Just a super quick favour to ask:

I purposely did not include in-app prompts to rate or review the game and soon I'll remove the "leave feedback" prompt, because I prefer to be immersed in the games that I play. If however, you've got the time and the inclination, a rating / review would be really awesome!

10. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    So I really like the gameplay. It's a lot of fun. I am having an issue with progressing that's kind of killing it for me though. It seems like I only make enough money per trip to refuel with less then $100 dollars left over. I have no cash for upgrades. It's making the game frustrating.

11. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Hey, thanks for reaching out! I'd advise trying some harder runs, and destroying as many vehicles as possible as both will drastically increase your end of run cash. PM me if you're still having trouble and I'll help out some more :)

12. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I'd definitely like to see a lets play with a full start to finish of how the game is played.

I usually like games where I keep my upgrades but this game really does look like fun so I'm on the fence. If I could see a full lets play it would let me decide.

Billy

13. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    A couple of screenshots of a souvenir I picked up on my last scavenger haul. Poor bastard got in my way right as I was pullin' in at my stop.

Attached Files:

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok,

I said screw it and hit the buy button. After playing for 20 minutes I have just two words to describe my initial impressions of this game:

Holy Shit!

It's really awesome! There's so much polish here! I was apprehensive about not keeping my upgrades but now actually playing I understand it and it's totally fine. Everything in this game screams premium. It's well thought out from the gameplay to its economy. You have a shit ton of depth here and the procedural generation delivers nicely. There's a great risk/reward system here and as much as it helps to have the upgrades it also depends on your skills while playing the actual levels and when to select the boost and when to slow down at the right moments to complete your missions and to survive.

I love this game. Really really really well done devs. Well worth the measly $3 they are asking. It's a damn good time.

Billy

15. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Any chance of making this feature? In which when I die I start maybe with some of my upgrades , or money, to keep progression going for the next time I start from scratch

16. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    #36 somedumbgamer, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Great game! It's just plain fun to play! Reminds me of the old arcade games back in the day, that would eat my quarters.

In addition to this request, I think it would be cool if there was bonus $ for the amount of damage taken at the end of the run. Also having some timed missions might be nice to thrown in the mix...something like, deliver the detonator from point A to point B in X amount of time. Another thing I'd love to see would be to change the default view on the upgrade screen, to the top view of the rig.

Edit: Another rig upgrade to add a third small round trailer with spikes (like in mad max). Also, I find the brake/reverse button a bit of a stretch (maybe I'm braking excessively)

17. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Make it a different mode if you do.
    It would totally defeat the risk / reward system of the game. Plus this game has a slight scoring system if you finish. Would ruin that as well.

18. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Hey, thanks for the advice. It does seem to have gotten me over that hump with the cash flow. I'm fully enjoying the game now.

19. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Agreed. It would completely ruin the game

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #40 LordShad0wz, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Here's my baby! It pays to take the hard road! I tell you I'm having so much fun I'm going to blaspheme. I know this is a premium game but in the future if the dev adds a double cash in app purchase or some sort of DLC. I'll pay. This game is worth way more than $3. I can't stop playing. It's so damn satisfying when you just wreck the hell out of the enemies. Everything is so well done and thought out. There's no way this is his first project but when I tapped related on the AppStore I see nothing. It's just awesome.

Dev I'm serious. Amazing job. I'm so glad I hit that buy button. This game is the reason I love The Touch Arcade. I never would have seen it without this site.

I left a nice and detailed 5 star review on the AppStore. It should show up by tomorrow morning.

Billy

Attached Files: