Universal Unpossible by Acceleroto - Twitch Perfection

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheFrost, Mar 19, 2014.

1. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    There will be Game Center leaderboards?
    This is an instabuy no matter what the price will be

2. Acceleroto

Acceleroto Well-Known Member

PAAATTIIEEENNNNCCCEEEEE! ;)

Absolutely. It has Game Center leaderboards, achievements and integrated score-based challenges. Each of the 6 levels has its own leaderboard.

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I...am...makingggg...iiittt...sommmmehhooowww...but...dont....know....for...hoooow....loooong....uurrrggggg :p

4. ToonuvaGames

ToonuvaGames Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Game Developer
    Burlington, Vermont.
    Looks like a great product!

5. Acceleroto

Thanks!

We had some more fun last week at GDC showing off a Mac build of Unpossible at a couple parties. With a controller and a big TV, Unpossible drew a line of players at the Touch Arcade GDC party that kept it busy for about 4 hours straight. Here's a shot from an indie game dev party (just before the Touch Arcade party).

[​IMG]

This was just a quick Mac build for demo purposes - a Mac version isn't even close to ready for release. Still, it was a blast watching people play it for hours on end.

For iOS news, we've coordinated for a tentative release date, but we're waiting on a few things before announcing it. Patience is a virtue, right? ;)

6. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    It is! Its just that when I see this game my mind and body twitches in anxiety... badly... never wanted a game this much. :p

7. Looking forward to this, especially the ios 7 joystick support!

8. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Only Mac? Will this get a full PC release (i.e. like other PC indies) or only the Mac App Store?

9. Acceleroto

Sorry, right now all I can say is that it will be an iOS exclusive launch. After the launch period is over, expect more news on that. ("Launch period" is a nebulous time that I can't share either.) The Mac version in the previous photo was just for demo use at Game Developers Conference last week. That version was VERY demo (i.e. held together with duct tape & wire).

Needless to say, I'm excited for everyone everywhere to be able to play Unpossible. I'll share more news when I can.

As for launch date, I _still_ don't have a date to share. I promise I'll get the word out on that as soon as it's firm. I'm sorry, but there are tons of things I'm trying to align for launch. This project has been a long time in the making - I can't rush this last little bit. :)

10. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    No... need...to...rush...it. Damn I cant believe I said that, I am dying to play this one. Oh, and by the way, I am NOT asking for a promo code by any means

11. Acceleroto

I'm messing around with more work on "other" builds. Here are some screenshots from the Oculus Rift version I started today. Threeeeee Deeeeeee!

I plan on sharing the release date for the iOS version later this week. It'll be an iOS exclusive launch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Awesome, I saw Oculus Rift just a couple of days ago and took alot of pictures of it, it was awesome. Looking forward to your game!

13. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    YES! A release date will be perfect :D

14. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Meh.... Looks easy.

15. Acceleroto

I look forward to you conquering the game without trying then. :)

16. I am sure it will be too hard for me, I am not nearly as good as many players here.

17. Acceleroto

Release date - April 17, 2014!

Well, that's one of the reasons I put in the Simplicity levels. There are quite a few twitch/obstacle-avoidance games that start out harder than many people care to play. The Simplicity levels are designed to be approachable for everyone. The hard core players will prefer the harder levels, but there's something there for everyone.

OTHER NEWS. I'm excited to announce that Unpossible's release date on iOS is April 17th! So, let the countdown start - we're just over 2 weeks away!

18. Woohoo!!!

Awesome, can't wait to play it with my mfi game controller!

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yipee! Yaaaaahoooo!

20. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 15 days left :)