University Honours Project Research

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Ardo, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Ardo

Ardo New Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Hi guys

I was hoping you'd be able to help me :)

My name is Martyn Latta. I'm a 4th year student at Glasgow Caledonian University in Scotland doing BSc Games Development (Design). I'm currently doing my Honours year.

My Honours project consists of designing an asynchronous game for the IPhone, which will allow greater in depth strategic play in the casual gaming experience as well as allow for greater flexibility with time. The purpose is to determine if Asynchronous Strategic Games Online (ASGO) is a viable solution to the lack of in-depth play experiences in casual games (specifically mobile phone casual games).

As part of this project, I need to gather data on my target demographic and I was hoping some of you could help me with that by filling out an online questionnaire (must be over 18). It should take no more than 5-6 minutes and I would be deeply appreciative.

If theres any questions, feel free to pm me and I'll happily answer them :)

here is the link to the questionnaire:
    http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=kieek5rl8ed0ghz837057

Cheers guys :)

2. Done, good luck. :)

3. Ardo

Ardo New Member

Nov 20, 2010
    thanks man, much appreciated :)
    come on the rest of you! need more replies! :D

4. spider76

spider76 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    chef
    oxford
    Done

Hope it helps

5. Olord

Olord Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    hey, I wanted to fill in your form, but I don't think it would have been very helpful. I only use my Ipod Touch for gaming and have a simple phone, so all of your questions regarding my phone-gaming-attitude would have been wasted. Also, I don't consider myself to be either a casual or a hardcore gamer, because my attitude and skill highly depends on the kind of game I am playing (I'm really good at some, but beating highscores isn't important for me, for example). Maybe you should either modify the questions or note, that in this case an iTouch should be treated like an iPhone. If you tell me what to do, I will answer the questions some other day!

Good luck!

6. Ardo

Ardo New Member

Nov 20, 2010
    cheers guys! And Olord, thanks for the feedback :), this also helps alot. I'll have a look into reviewing the questionnaire. :)