Universal Universal Paperclips (By Everybody House Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 14, 2017.

1. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    The being stuck at 0 part is just that you don’t have nearly enough probes to budge the counter. Keep in mind self-replication is going to accelerate as numbers go up, so you have a number of orders of magnitude ahead of you.

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I spare a thought for those with OCD and a family that buy this game.

3. N2L

N2L Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Noted. I guess I’ll release more exploration probes then.

4. rmann

rmann Member

Aug 29, 2011
    I’m stuck here too. I’ve got 3.8 oct Paperclips and I’ve disassembled everything but the batteries holding the necessary power.
    Halp

5. TDA

TDA Active Member

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm in the space exploration phase and I can't seem to increase my probe trust. I have plenty of yomi, but the button is greyed out. Am I just supposed to keep launching probes or what?

6. RogerSimon

RogerSimon Active Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Aspiring Indie Game Dev
    San Francisco
    Exact same spot. This game is like crack though : )

7. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    That was an absolute blast. Ruined my weekend in the best way.

e: If you need more trust, have you upped your max trust available via honor?

8. TDA

TDA Active Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Okay, I'm not sure what honor is yet... So I'll just keep launching probes! Thanks for the reply.

9. thomas.foster

thomas.foster Member

Jul 11, 2016
    London
    Unproductive month, thanks Frank :)

10. pedroda

pedroda New Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Guys, remember..is not production...I won’t say more ��

11. DarthMarenghi

DarthMarenghi Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Two minor aesthetic bugs

I've run into a couple of very minor aesthetic bugs -- they don't affect game play, but just look a bit weird. The first bug arose when I had the project
    "Full Monopoly" appear in the project list, and then immediately after released the Hypnodrones. At that point, of course, money no longer exists, and so there is no way to complete the Full Monopoly project, but it nonetheless hangs around in the Project list. It seems to me like any project involving money should be removed from the Project list once the second stage of the game appears and those projects can no longer be completed.

The second bug may be more of an iOS thing -- when scrolling up through the game, the
    Work/Think
    slider widget UI element will scroll up into the iOS status bar. No other UI elements do this, so I assume this is some sort of odd rendering bug.

12. TDA

TDA Active Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Awesome game! Just finished it. My issue was just a poorly designed probe. Once I messed with the probe stats a bit, I started progressing just fine.

Again, great game!

13. DaveMApplegate

DaveMApplegate Well-Known Member

I'm hopelessly addicted to this still. How long did it take you to make this? / how did you come up w/ the idea?

14. kmb08753

kmb08753 Member

Oct 29, 2015
    Can we get bigger benefits for restarting a universe? Demand is only useful in stage 1 and creativity... meh... you get so much eventually it really doesn't matter.
    I am sorry I don't have a good suggestion as to what would be better to boost... maybe higher ops generation, stacked; or higher drone operation; or higher yumi generation... just trying to think of what carries over to most stages.

15. Peripatetic

Peripatetic Active Member

May 1, 2013
    Why this over browser?

I played the browser version a bit before the iOS version was released. It was fun. It seemed to work perfectly fine on my iPad in Safari. Why would I buy this version instead? Is there any substantial, material difference between the two? As far as I can tell, it is essentially the same experience.

Thanks in advance.

Peripatetic

16. Vinners

Vinners Member

Oct 21, 2014
    #56 Vinners, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    My swarm is currently disorganized, but the “Synchronize the swarm” is greyed out???

I didn’t have this problem on the browser version, is this a big or am I missing something here?

EDIT: Nevermind, the game untangled when I turned autotourney off...