Unity 3D / 2D Developer Job - Work from home ($500 USD + 5% bonus) - Build for iOS an

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by cobaltplay, Oct 12, 2015.

1. cobaltplay

cobaltplay Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Hey guys. We're now looking to hire a new Unity 2D/3D developer to work with us remotely. We're offering $500 USD per month + 5% bonus. Here's the video and details below. Catch us on email if you're interested in applying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjhqLqRjoeY

Unity developer job available $500 USD per month + 5% bonus

- Work from anywhere at home. Virtual studio.
    - $500 USD per month + 5% bonus.

Requirements:

- Good knowledge of unity 3d and at least 2 years experience.
    - Can build 2d / 3d games for Android and iOS platforms. Will need test devices.
    - Have published games on some app stores such as google / iTunes / amazon and can provide links in your resume. Send picture
    - Can integrate in-app purchase SDKs and ad network SDKs in to games.
    - Be able to create basic art work using Photoshop. We can also purchase art packs.
    - Be able to create games quickly. Our target is 3 small games per month. You will need to create the games fully yourself from start to finish including all code, art, sound, testing etc.
    - Good English speaking and writing ability.
    - Good internet connection.

- Working with our publishing manager, not directly with me.

Please send your resume, game links, and background experience to [email protected] and cc me on [email protected]

Thanks

2. newborn

newborn Member

Sep 17, 2015
    As a mobile developer, I was asked by my boss to try studying Unity 3D on my spare time. But can't find a nice and free software to download for me to explore and study it. Anyone knows a nice link for me to study and download? :(

3. LucaRedwood

LucaRedwood Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 14, 2011
    what ####ing planet are you on?

4. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

haha man you're looking for a unicorn. 500 a month to create 3 games for you per month? That's just insanity.

5. David_Don_13

David_Don_13 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Ireland
    Lol

500 dollars pm to be a clone-artist

6. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    So basically one dude does all of the legwork and you guys profit?
    Gotta love publishers.

7. Qot

Qot Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 23, 2015
    cobaltplay, what's your own salary?

Do you think a person who is both programmer and artist will work for $500/m? Can you live on $500/m yourself (because it's not that easy even in Asia).

Job posts like this appear on Upwork daily, but they're borderline offensive to professionals and will not attract anyone but absolute newbies or scammers.

If you know all of this than you're doing a very bad thing: trying to exploit other people for your own profits.

8. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    You know what, a monkey would not get out of bed for that! This is so laughable, so much so that I will be saddened if someone takes this on because they would be better off cleaning toilets for a living.

9. 8bitmfker

8bitmfker Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Poland
    #9 8bitmfker, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    I've been watching his videos (howToMakeMobileGames) for quite some time. He shows his earnings and analyzes them. I remmember he was very active on iphonedevsdk.com. Nice requirements for that kind of money. It's not even funny...

10. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    If you have good unity skills there are better ways to make more money :) That said if they are 3 crappy clones I could knock that out in 3 days.

11. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    I'm confused... if you had those skills and experience, you're far better off working for yourself.

$6,000 a year, plus a cap of $1,000 per game, BEFORE taxes? And you're expected to work and be available on a full time schedule? For a moment, I thought this was an Amway/Quixtar scam!