Unique Product Pages in App Store?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Christopher, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Christopher

Christopher Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    #1 Christopher, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
    Hi developers and publishers,

I am neither but have a curiosity about the App Store that I can not ignore. Why don't more applications and games in the App Store have unique backgrounds and logos (or themes) for their respective product pages? See Zen Bound and/or Gameloft for good examples.

Does Apple charge a premium for specialty backgrounds and logos or do many developers simply lack the time/graphic skills/effort to present their applications and games in a more attractive manner? Surely this type of aesthetic attention affects sales. Thank you.

2. MattH

MattH Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2009
    I am pretty sure apple has to pick you to do that.

3. DrummerB

DrummerB Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Switzerland
    Apple chooses which apps or companies they want to promote. The selected ones can create custom app and/or company site backgrounds.

4. Christopher

Christopher Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    #4 Christopher, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
    Thanks for the responses. I am surprised by how much influence Apple exerts over promotional interests in the App Store. I assumed Apple limited their interests to the applications featured on the App Store home page- shows how much I know about the marketing business!