Universal Unhatched (By Filip Loster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PBSNellie, Aug 15, 2019.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk so far I like it. I mean, it’s story-driven which is a nice change of pace amongst the genre. Usually it’s rougelike and you going through the same (even though procedurally generated) environment over and over again. Well, it’s not the case here, so points for that.

Visually-wise it has its own appeal. It’s not as crazy as Meteorfall or Dungeon Faster, but more subtle yet pleasing to the eye. I really like the artworks. I can’t comment nor criticize on gameplay yet as I’m taking it slow. But tutorial is well done, pretty straightforward. Deck building is important part. Order of the cards matters as well. I like the game mechanics.

How long is the game - how’s the story and difficulty - it’s all about to be only determined. But I wouldn’t worry to grab it if that’s your concern. No reason to be hesitant. If you like the genre, just go for it. What I’m confused about is how did I miss it before. If the thread wasn’t bumped I might’ve missed it completely and that would be a shame. So, yeah.

aare and ste86uk like this.
  2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Purchased, hopefully I can check it out soon. It’s so hard these days to find time to sit down with anything that isn’t casual like Brawl Stars.

aare likes this.
  3. aare

aare Member

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Poland
    Google just announced indie finalists for europe, and I'm humbled to say Unhatched was nominated <3
    [​IMG]

macplash and ste86uk like this.
  4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #24 ste86uk, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    @aare congratulations, yours post reminded me I needed to try this game and so far so good. I will be checking it out more in the coming days.

Anyone had any crashes with this? I’m just on my first time playing it since buying it and doing pretty well I think? But I lost my first battle and when I clicked try again the whole app closed down. Although I did win that when I opened it up again and a few battles later when I lost try again seemed to work just fine.

aare likes this.
  5. aare

aare Member

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Poland