Underworlds or Zenonia?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by gunslinger, May 30, 2009.

?

Which is better?

1. Zenonia

73 vote(s)
    88.0%
  2. Underworlds

10 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    For $1, Underworlds was fun before Zenonia came out. Zenonia beats it in every way possible though. Underworlds is only 1 to 1 1/2 hours long.

2. DaveOT

DaveOT Member

Apr 28, 2009
    At the moment, Zenonia.

Underworlds has great polish and a solid implementation but just not enough content. I'd say it has a great foundation, but the entire game can be finished in a couple of hours. I'm looking forward to the next update, though; hopefully it adds a significant amount of new locations and quests.

With Zenonia, I've put in about six hours so far and I'm maybe a quarter of the way through. It's really well done...reminiscent of Secret of Mana.

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Definitely Zenonia. Underworlds was great, but very, very short. That's it's big downfall.

4. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I fully agree that Zenonia is a much better purchase for all the reasons everyone has mentioned so far.
    Honestly, I got as far as that bloke you meet at the beginning of Underworlds, and as soon as I heard his 'gooday' in that annoyingly high cheery tone, I knew I wasn't going to get on with that game. Irrational? probably;) But if your going to do a diablo-like, then it has to be grim, dark and without any light heartedness at all. just my feeling...

5. kqjrjkrawr

kqjrjkrawr Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Student
    New York City
    Definantly get Zenonia, its better, more expensive but worth every penny

6. florbastang

florbastang Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    I thought Underworlds was great aside from the brevity and the clunky inventory/shopping system. I'm still on the fence with Zenonia. It's just a little too anime for me (I HATE anime), the D-pad sounds frustrating (you can only move in 4 directions!?!), and the hunger/repair system seems really annoying.

I'll probably wait hoping that these will updated, but for some reason I don't see Zenonia ever getting an update. It was, after all, a direct port from a cell phone game. Was anything changed/streamlined for the iPhone/Touch?

7. Alichan76

Apr 15, 2009
    I think the up-dates will come. One has already been submitted. Baseball Superstars has had 6 up-dates since its release on 28th April, and according to others has come along heaps since then. Fingers crossed Gamevil are feeling generous:)

And yes, I usually go more for the darker dungeon crawler type games than the anime, but in this instance Zenonia is miles better even without the up-dates. I wouldn't let the theme get in the way of you getting it IMO.

8. Deltacows1

Deltacows1 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    I don't have Zenonia yet, but underworlds is great. The items and stats, graphics, and quests are pretty good. If you have ever played diablo 2, it looks a lot like that, with two circular orbs that have your health and mana bar, which is exatly what diablo has. So, I rate underworlds 7.4/10. If you have the money, you should look into it.

9. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    I've been playing zenonia every cahnce i could for days. I'm about 20 ours in and halfway through. THis game is worth it I also have underworlds, and while that's a good game, Zenonia is simply a fantastic experience.

10. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    IMO, Underworlds has a better storyline than Zenonia. The story is better implemented into the game than Zenonia, but again, Zenonia has a lot more content. It will take you around 40 hours to beat Zenonia, but maybe 1-3 hours to beat Underworlds. There is no reason to play Underworlds again, so I would have to go with Zenonia. Underworlds has only one class (I think) while Zenonia has 3, each with their own storyline.

11. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I'm with you on this, the graphical style of Zenonia is absolutely unappealing. It may have content and hours of gameplay, but I have to be able to enjoy looking at the game first. I'm looking forward to Underworld's update...with some polish and additional content, Underworlds will be a great game.

12. cnbigcan43

cnbigcan43 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Virginia, USA
    get Zenonia. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. If I could I would buy everyone on TA a copy of it, it's that good. No iDevice user should go without it.

13. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Lol, I'd take you up on that simply to see if you could change my mind on the graphics.

14. cnbigcan43

Jan 18, 2009
    Virginia, USA
    I guess the graphics are just a preference thing. I really like the way it looks, but I guess other people aren't a fan of it. It reminds me a lot of the Pokemon games. I'm sorry you're missing out on such a great game because of the looks.

15. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Yeah, me too. I would really love to have an awesome, long term RPG on my iphone; unfortunately, I gotta keep waiting.

16. Deltacows1

May 27, 2009
    Ok, I'll buy it once I buy another itunes card. I go through them in like ten minutes lol

17. cnbigcan43

Jan 18, 2009
    Virginia, USA
    lol, I know what you mean. it's killing me having to save $10 for 3.0. and I know it won't be out for a few months, but I don't know when I'll be getting another iTunes card. and I would hate to be behind on the software.

18. Deltacows1

May 27, 2009
    I couldn't save $$ for sims 3, and it comes out on tuesday

19. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Does no one have iTunes linked to a debit of some kind. I constantly hear of people not making game buys due to itunes card issues. Is using the iTunes card a form spending control?

20. Alichan76

Apr 15, 2009
    I was wondering the same. I think people who don't have their own credit cards use the iTunes card system.