iPad Underworlds loot

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by gsimonds, Apr 28, 2009.

1. gsimonds

gsimonds Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I've played the game probably 10 times through on the same character, and the only purple item I've ever come across is from Timmy, and its always some variation of a sword.

I've been playing the game on Extreme mode, as I thought maybe there was an increased chance for better loot to drop.

Can anyone confirm if purple items have a chance to drop from random monsters, or named mini-bosses or what, and if difficulty level has an impact on the drop rate and/or quality?

Thanks

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Incorrect. Actually the way they did it, is that you get more useful gear and what not the easier you set the difficulty level, which was another complaint I had with the game. That has been the only purple I have found as well.

3. OneEye

OneEye Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Difficulty level does not affect your loot drop chance. For version 1.1 we've added some new treasure tables with more purple items for lower level creatures.

We've also given you the ability to restart on a different difficulty level.

Bill
    Pixel Mine

4. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    I've had about 3 or 4 purple drops, not including the sword from the boy. All of them were from the guardian bosses on easy. I just saved and reloaded till I got a purple. I don't know what items they were since I dont have the ipod on me at the moment, i know it was greaves, helm , and something else.

5. RawrReptar

RawrReptar Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    i got two legendaries (purple) from the 2 first guardians before the last boss. It was my first play through and on normal

6. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    I think I have only had 2 purples is 1 game ---- I save before I open a chest and then keep opening and loading up the game if I did not get anything good.....but in the end whats the point --- you cant take the good gear into a new game even once you beat it.....that has to change in an update ---keep your character stats as you change games and make the difficulty proportionate.

7. gsimonds

Feb 20, 2009
    If it were my design, I would have made the better loot drop from the harder difficulties, as in many games like this. Guess its time to start farming with a character on Easy and then restart on Extreme, once its implemented. One can only assume that any sequels that follow (with haste!!!) will allow you to bring over the old character, and mobs/loot that you encounter will be based on your level.

Keep up the good work, its an awesome start, and continuing to develop with this formula will lead to even more success. I'd pay $19.99 easily as long as quality content updates follow consistently.

8. gsimonds

Feb 20, 2009
    #8 gsimonds, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
    One more thing, I've seen testimonials about lengendary loot dropping from mini bosses, but can regular trash mobs drop them as well?

9. OahuSurf

OahuSurf Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2008
    The more I read about this game, the more I convince myself I will never buy it...ever. And I am one of the biggest action RPG (Diablo, Baldurs gate, etc) ever. I'll stick with Inotia for now, until a better game comes out or blizzard finally releases a Diablo for iphone.

10. OneEye

OneEye Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Out of curiosity, why is that?

11. I just finished Chronicles of Inotia and I went to this game and I actually enjoy this game more. Both are great games so I doubt that this game will dissappoint you. Take the plunge! :p

12. gsimonds

Feb 20, 2009
    I enjoyed Inotia, but not as much as Underworlds. It is the first game that has kept my interest for a sustained period of time, despite how short it is.

13. Requiem667

Requiem667 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    You're missing out then IMO - the game is a lot of fun and with the promised updates, well it's just going to keep getting better. I play it almost daily and that's a lot considering I don't have much time for games anymore.

14. RawrReptar

RawrReptar Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Put i this way i was really skeptical. It has its minor flaws but it can be fixed with updates. No this is not diablo, but this is also no computer and you do not have a keyboard so you are limited to what you can do with this game. It is an ipod/iphone. With that said this is the best game that can possibly even clone diablo and it is extreme amounts of fun and it is gonna get better. So i would suggest you eventually rethink that if u like action rpgs as this is the best on the iphone and blizzard is pretty busy with D3 to do an iphone game.

15. gsimonds

Feb 20, 2009
    Other than the sword from Timmy, have you seen any other purple weapons, or rings/amulets for that matter?

16. ryoi

ryoi Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    anyone found any weapon better than this?
    http://twitpic.com/51a8w
    i was using a green 12/.6 weapon until i found this, but i believe there are faster ultra rare out there

17. OneEye

OneEye Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    that one is pretty sweet - congrats!

18. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    I haven't got much loot, but then, I'm not far into the game. Also OneEye, the latest patch made my total playing time higher (by at least 2 hours), slightly annoying as I am someone who likes to know how much time I have wasted on a game :p.