iPad Undecided on iFishing

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by SLDROFHLA, Oct 27, 2008.

1. SLDROFHLA

SLDROFHLA Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Sorry that I did not use the original thread, but since there are more than a 100 replies, no one would notice this. I have looked at iFishing and it looks really fun, great graphics, nice UI, neat gameplay etc. However I do not fish so I don't know if I want to spend $3 on this or get a $1 one thats not as good. Should I get this, and if not, what is a comparable 99 cent one. Thanks so much!

2. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

It's good but it still needs a lot of bug fixes, like the crashes and stuff.

Otherwise it's awesome.

3. SLDROFHLA

SLDROFHLA Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    thank you!

4. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Igishing needs work but you get ur 3 $$ worth :)

5. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I agree. While it is for the money, the best fishing game, IMO. It does have some issues with it. Namely like arm said, memory issues and crashes

6. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    mmmmmm...I've been looking for a real-life fishing simulator for a long time. I mean, the thought of having to find and hook my own worm seems rather bland by comparison. I wish more people would follow iFishin's lead and make some other "exciting" apps like "iWalkMyDog" or "iAmCouchPotatoe"...The possibilities are endless...

7. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    I have been very confused reading about IFishing, thinking "isn't this the game that ILounge graded an F and said was worse than demo-grade software?".
    But I've just clicked. That was IFish. This is IFishing.
    (deletes IFish, buys IFishing)

8. #8 wastedyuthe, Oct 27, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
    DEFINITELY buy iFishing! I am not a fisherman either, and thanks to the developers online guide (which doesn't take long to read) I am doing very well in the tournaments and really enjoy the game!
    For more info on it, visit the official site here, where you can see screenshots and view a video, and you can also read the online guide here, which you do need to read to fully understand the strategies involved, like where to find certain types of fish and what lure to use for each. It is very novice-friendly.
    [EDIT] To give you an idea, I have just spent the longest 2 minutes of my life attempting to catch a 50lb pike in the last few minutes of a tournament. It was a tough long fight, which I normally end up breaking the line on. But I kept my cool and kept the line tension down as much as possible. In the end the pike must have started tiring, and I finally caught him, taking my overall weight (3 fish) to over 120lb, which won me the tournament. It can be a very exciting game, and certainly the best fishing game I have yet played. I love it.