Undecided on Fieldrunners

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SLDROFHLA, Oct 27, 2008.

1. SLDROFHLA

SLDROFHLA Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Hey,
    You guys were a big help with iFishing, I am going to ask for help again! I have never played a tower defense game, but they look fun. Should I get fieldrunners or a cheaper one? thanks

2. moopf

moopf Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Fieldrunners is definitely fun. It looks very good and plays well. My only gripe is that at present it's a little limited in terms of longevity, but there's an update that's close to completion that adds some new fieldrunners and a second map. And they have plans for future updates with new towers. Was certainly worth the purchase.

3. RaiderRich721

RaiderRich721 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Self Employed! Love being my own boss! This is the
    CALI
    Solid!

It's a nice game. Well worth the money and with the prospect of updates even the more so.

4. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Definitely get it. I played tower defense games before and didn't like them, but I loved Fieldrunners. There's an update coming very soon that will add sound, more maps, and more runners. The dev claims there's more on the way too, but he doesn't seem to want to give it away.

It's a great game and it's perfectly suited for the iPhone of Touch.

5. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

In fact I hoped that someone would create Warcraft 1 for the iPhone, because I wanted to make stuff with troops and look at them making war. Fieldrunners goes a bit into this direction, because you see tanks and cars and men driving or running along, you see shootings everywhere and rockets and helicopters and that's a lot of fun by just watching it!

It makes fun to try out different strategies, especially on the hard level. Of course more different field runners would be nice and sound and different maps and more different towers etc etc etc. But - that's all coming!

So go for it. It's cheap and some of the best games on the AppStore right now. While it's not a real RTS it's something which looks and feels great and just right on the iPhone.

PS: Two things which they don't include:

1. Blood, when someone gets killed.
    2. The screaming sounds of Cannon Fodder :D

6. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    A new TD game just showed up called besiegement... It looks pretty decent.
    Go to miniclip.com and try the game canyon defense, gives you a good idea what TD games are about....
    As for fieldrunners I like it but it needs more upgrades for the towers

7. junkster08

junkster08 Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    fieldrunners is not worth 5 bucks... i beat it on hard on my second try and now there is nothing left to do... only 4 towers and 1 map... game should be .99c max...its really horrible gameplay wise but ok graphics... i do not recommend this game

8. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
  9. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Pictures or it didn't happen!

10. vanfanel

vanfanel Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Let me get this straight. You played 99 lvls of a game you thought had horrible gameplay. LOL

11. quartex

quartex Member

Sep 16, 2008
    If you want a highly polished cheap tower defense game I thoroughly recommend Mote-M, for only $0.99. It has a lot of strategic depth, good gameplay and is quite challenging. It's perfect for a 5-10 minute pick-up game.

12. junkster08

junkster08 Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    99 levels of a tower defense is not like 99 levels of obstacle games.... ure really telling me fieldrunner has solid gameplay when it has 4 towers and just 1 simple map? an average td should at least 20 towers.. not 4... and i dont even use missile towers so its actually only 3 towers ive used

13. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    How do you beat the game with no missle towers??? No seriously What's your setup look like??? :eek:

14. McChikun

McChikun Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I've gotten to level 99 with a setup that more or less features a center line of tesla and goo towers, and then a maze around it.

15. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    That's pretty much my strategy. I mix in a ton of missiles down the middle too. On hard mode, you either need more tesla towers than you can afford or a bunch of rockets. The rockets will hit runners when they're too far away from the tesla towers. The guys on the bikes will blow past the tesla towers on the upper levels, even with goo towers. I don't believe that other guy who said he doesn't used missiles.

I agree with 1337brian. Pics or it didn't happen.

16. junkster08

junkster08 Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    its called why get missle towers when there are laser towers?!? b/c of splash? the splash is minor and doesnt make a difference... missle towers are pointless just get lazers in a maze with some goo

17. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Makes Sense, Sounds hard to implement though, can you post how to do this on the Field runner technique board? http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=527

Thanks