Universal Undead Legion (by Guangxi Zhu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by zhugx29x, Jul 12, 2016.

1. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    ;-) good luck, man!

2. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I had a chance to play a few rounds of this game and decided to give my thoughts so far.

l like the music during combat. The art and fighting animations were good as well.
    The interface worked well. Even though the buttons to upgrade health etc of your units are small, I never had any
    problems selecting them.

The combat is fun to watch, but I found the colour matching concept a little hard to grasp at first.
    After a few more battles ,I began to get the hang of things. Even though I could see the row of three colours I wanted to
    match, I could not tell what the outcome would be as tiles dropped. This felt more like luck to me than skill.

When you win a battle, you get to raise more undead to fight for you. I like this , however it kind of took away from the idea
    of trying to keep all your undead alive during combat. What was the point of worrying about doing this when you knew even if you
    lost a fighter , he would be replaced anyway.

Also, I am not a big fan of the game deciding who you should move first. I like to be able to move my fighters in the order I choose.
    I know this is the way the game was designed , so just keep this in mind if you are thinking about purchasing this game.

I will post more as I play further.

Thanks

3. zhugx29x

zhugx29x Member

Jul 12, 2016
    @gemineye62:
    Thank you for your suggestion!

I want to make the game feel crisp when you made some combinations, but as you say sometimes it really felt more like luck than skill.
    I will improve it, maybe one more color should be add into the game...if you have any feedback, don't hesitate to advice me!

Maybe a legion is easy to replaced at first, but with the game deepening, you will found some core legion is hard to replaced, especially those that are upgraded. A satisfactory legion is not easy to find, the most important attribute in my mind is the Quantity, and then is the Cost, the Color, the Speed and the Devotion.

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Just tried playing this game again after the latest patch.
    The game is looking pretty good now but I am still struggling with trying to understand the match three element.
    Replaying the tutorial didn't help me.
    I feel that the penny will drop soon but atm the piggy bank is totally empty. #