Universal Undead Horde (by 10tons Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I rate this.

Started out thinking it was simplistic. I’m currently only L5, but (I think) have six kinds of shop selling six different kinds of artefact (weapons, shields, amulets, magic staffs, rings...) each of which can provide separate or stacked bonuses in one of multiple areas. With each obvs tiered in the conventional white / green / blue / gold way, meaning any one of these might offer two or three discrete bonuses (I’ve currently got a gold weapon that increases horde attack speed, multiplies animal attack damage, and reduces other troop attack damage, whilst adding 45% to building damage. I think.). There’s also a choice of levelling options every time, with differing bonuses in each of four areas.

At the outset, I thought it was basically “spam attacks, lose horde, get new horde, spam." I no longer think that. A couple of effects I’m currently using - resummon can’t be interrupted by enemy attack (otherwise, it’s hard to keep your horde numbers up without fighting from the back), and horde life can be refilled from the corpses of enemies - have provided far more sustainable hordes with champions lasting multiple missions.

stubbieoz likes this.
  2. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    An addendum: because your horde can be raised from the enemies you kill, every time you confront new enemies you find yourself fighting with a new kind of horde. Sometimes, mid battle.

Different bonuses affect different troops (should I, half way into this orc level, switch my +100 humanoid hit points bonus artefact for the +5% orc damage one I just picked up?) and is both highly dynamic, and properly lovely.

in addition, every dead boss is a new and fearsome horde member a very short while later.

3. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Ftr I just did. Switch the weapons. That is.

4. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I’ll add, in case it wasn’t obvious, that a key dynamic is creating new hordes from the dead your soldiers slay, as they themselves are slain in front of you (becoming irrecoverable second time round). That can make for some hugely high pressured and dynamic human wave attacks on villages, with your own horde dying (and being recreated) two or three times over as they slowly battle forward to torch villager house after villager house.

I’ve currently got a command cap entirely filled with three giants (including one dead boss giant, Andre, lol). It’s proving surprisingly effective afainst hordes, but I have no long term hopes for it!

superb game. Best of ten tons imo. And the most story based version so far.

syntheticvoid likes this.
  5. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    -two thumbs up with controller in hand- Plays fantastic with my nimbus and my xbox controllers

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  6. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    #26 10tonsLtd, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    We've just started rolling out an update (1.0.3.2) with the following improvements:
    • Higher framerate in crypt
    • Fixes to some rare quest bugs
    • Fix to a common crash when using the Japanese language
    • Minor other fixes & stability improvements
    • Larger text in some places
    This should address a lot of the feedback we've gathered so far. The automatic update is currently phased, but it should be manually available to everyone now (hit update on the appstore game page). This is a "hotfix" so we'll continue testing a bit more before moving it to automatic update for all users. Please contact us if you face any problems with the update.

We've been super happy to see that Undead Horde is the second most popular RPG in US appstore and quite popular in China too. We also have a following in Japan but we had some trouble with the localized version and the game crashed often when played in Japanese. The update should fix this and it'll improve the experience a lot in Japan. Thanks to all the players so far!

syntheticvoid and Quoad like this.
  7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Just finished my first run in 8hrs 45. Not quite complete. (Some secrets not sought; one level with humans surviving).

just begun NG+ (well, era 2) retaining my level and equipment.

Totally rate this. Outstanding.

8. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    We're looking for some testers to test our iCloud save implementation. Many people requested this so we decided to implement it. This has been tested internally to work, but there's a tiny tiny chance of bugs. So, only the brave! You can PM me your iTunes related email for TestFlight invitation.

9. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2017
  10. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Please PM us with the address. Thanks!

11. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    iCloud sync works smooth
    Perfect

12. EmilianoDTH

EmilianoDTH Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Male
    So, does this game have gamecenter/icloud save progress so we can play it either on ipad or iphone ?

13. ThirdMoon

ThirdMoon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Currently on sale! (£5.99 -> £2.99)

14. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    yep

15. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    On sale $2.99

ste86uk likes this.
  16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Oo yeh instabuy at that price! I played this a bit during beta and enjoyed the game I can’t remember why I never got it on release. Maybe it was a bit during my downtime on iOS but at this price it’s a no brainer.

@CygnetSeven thanks for the heads up. Can’t wait to play it now.

CygnetSeven likes this.
  17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    So how do you save the game? I tried quitting and I loaded back in without any troops and had to head back to the crypt to summon new ones.

So I take it maybe it saves automatically when you quit but you’ll loose any troops you have?

18. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I ended up getting this over Bad North. I'll post impressions as soon as I get a chance to fire it up.

ste86uk likes this.
  19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #40 ste86uk, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    I got both and that seems like a good choice to me. Looks like I’ll complete Bad North in 15 minutes more gameplay so it’s only taken me 3 and a half hours with no rushing, unless there’s something more that happens to keep it interesting after that.

This seems like it’ll last longer and I’m liking it so far. Not as cool as the Overlord games but as close as you can get on mobile with lots of cool things still.

Edit: probably got about 2 hours in the game now and I’m liking it. I wish you could keep your boss minions between plays though so it’s good to make use of them while your still playing. Although my saddest moment was just now selling a really good weapon I found that I actually meant to equip.

CygnetSeven likes this.