Universal Uncanny X-Men: Days of Future Past - (by GlitchSoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 21, 2014.

1. zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle Well-Known Member

May 6, 2014
    #81 zombiemuscle, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
    This game is tied into the comic book, which is why kitty pryde is starring in it and has gone back in time.

The movie is tied into the comic book, but they have sent wolverine back in time in the movie.

They r seperate tie ins to the comic. The game and movie itself are non related

2. REALglitchsoft

May 21, 2014
    Ottawa, Canada
    Our plan is to properly localize the game in Japanese (including the story and menus) before releasing in Japan. There is quite a bit of story to the game and that's part of the reason for the delay.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #83 undeadcow, May 22, 2014
  4. zombiemuscle

May 6, 2014
    Everyone wants deadpool plz include him in this game. If they made a movie of deadpool Ryan Reynolds would be perfect

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Has no one internationally played this yet? The total lack of detailed impressions seems odd.

6. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Geez, tie in because the release date had to correspond to the movie release. Tie in doesn't necessarily mean the story has to be the same.

@the dev: thank you for your answer. I am sure you did a good job :)

7. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Game looks amazing! Can't wait to get my hands on it in an hour.

Looks hilarious when the characters jump, it appears as if they're floating lol.

This is insta-buy for MEH!

8. zombiemuscle

May 6, 2014
    #88 zombiemuscle, May 22, 2014
    In the quote from developer that someone else quoted as a rebuttal, the developer pretty much says it is not related to the movie other than the same name

The game releases a day earlier than the movie where I am so the release date doesn't even correspond

9. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Great little game. Feels like playing the arcade brawlers I did back in the nineties. I like the platforming as well.

I wish the controls where moveable. The swipe feels too slow and inaccurate for me, and with buttons I constantly hit jump when wanting to hit stuff.

Anyways... I am glad I brought this. Good solid platformer. Only at stage five at the moment, and with 23 stages it seems there is a decent amount of content. :)

10. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I give up on you, you don't even read what I write. I am wasting my time with you.

11. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I wish the people in the impressions videos would use more special attacks. I feel that the people who I've seen play it so far have been just jumping around and mashing the default attack button. It would be nice to see some of the special moves in action.

12. yussoupov1

yussoupov1 Member

Mar 19, 2014
    why can't she be in this game|? her first appearance was Uncanny X-Men #4.

13. JarvisJackrabbit

JarvisJackrabbit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    I am really excited for this game, especially after passing on Amazing Spider-Man 2 as a result of the continuous connection requirement and silly IAP. Thank you, GlitchSoft, I will eagerly give you my money tonight.

14. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

And she was a part of the comic storyline.

Alas, she won't be in the movie, but I never expect them to remotely match up.

It's a little daft that wolverine is taking kitty's place, but wolvie is the big draw for the films, unsurprising as he's basically the only charismatic OG Xman from Singer's series, excluding Stewart of course. Vaughn's casting was infinitely better, but it wouldn't exist had Jackman not been the actor he is.

15. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    YAY it's almost here so excited!!! :D

16. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
  17. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Me three!

18. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    My internet is going so slow. Download faster, X-Men!!!

And, comic book fans, there is a Batman and The Flash endless runner that just went live that looks legit (Free, by GREE, so... eh). Picking that up, too.