Universal Uncanny X-Men: Days of Future Past - (by GlitchSoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 21, 2014.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I think this is the only game I'm interested in so far tonight but haven't had chance to have a proper look.

2. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    This. And the fact that He-Man was a fun game. :)

3. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Guess I'm the only one here not blown away by what I saw, don't get me wrong I loved He-Man that game was a gift to the children of the 80s I didn't care what anyone said about the controls, I even follow them on twitter.

That said I'm not really impressed with what I see so far not enough action for me and the enemy AI is extremely lacking IMO there was so much action in He-Man so I guess put me in the "wait and see" category and lets see how many of you "instabuy" folks actually pony up and buy or wait around for a sale

4. zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle Well-Known Member

May 6, 2014
    U really need to wait for a sale when the game is just 2.99?? What r u five and get a ten dollar allowance?

5. This is probably the best, though SXPD, Glosome, and otttd are cool too.

6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Ya, I have not been able to play this yet but SXPD is awesome. If they add a multiplayer mode it will be a huge hit. I hope I can buy this game soon.

7. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    You look like you were expecting a similar game to He-Man...
    A lot of us are thrilled about this game because of it is X-men the theme. Plus, it doesn't have IAP and internet connection required, which seems the requirement for games tie in with a movie.
    I also like your judgement/comparison. You haven't played this game yet, so you are basing your opinion on videos. But hey, there is always one to post this kind of comment.

Having said that, I have a question for the devs. How did you get in charge of making this game? I often see big studios that make games tie in to a movie, not smaller ones. Did you propose something? Were you in competition with other studios?

8. zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle Well-Known Member

May 6, 2014
    I read that this game is not tied into the movie, but rather it is made from the comic book that the movie is made from. This game is more true to the comic, while the movie they have taken liberties with.

9. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    I am instabuying this game myself but I find judgments like this really uncalled for.Not everyone will quickly hit the buy button for any great game that has just been released.Same goes for any other item you would purchase in life.Just because I earn 7 G's per month for example,means I can instantly buy things without proper scouting and a little staggered purchase? Well some people may be able to do that but some of us can't.Just sayin'.

10. saulob

saulob Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Scarlet witch? Whatttttttttt??????

What she is doing in this game? Man please, don't do that.

And btw, GlitchSoft? Never heard of them.

11. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    That's why I said I'll wait and see, almost everyone talking here haven't gotten their hands on it yet. Guess we'll see what everyone has to say after tonight, hopefully it's good I'm a fan of glitchsoft and want them to succeed. Also I am a huge Xmen fan myself

12. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Coming from the Upcoming thread of this game, posted by TheMerch:
    "Yesterday, Marvel announced that Glitchsoft is developing a game based on the classic X-Men story Days of Future Past. Set for a May release, timed to coincide with the release of the upcoming movie with the same name (however, according to the press release, that's the only similarity between the two), this game will be a 2D sidescroller with some "unique features". Among the list of supported devices are iPhone 4 and above, iPad 2 and above and iPod Touch 5th Gen."

Even if it is not the same story as the movie, it is still a game tied in to the movie.

13. I am playing it, it is awesome.

It is the top game this week, also SXPD, Gobosome, and Otttd are good.

Xmen though is fantastic, especially if you like xmen and , the movie, or arcade games.

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #74 undeadcow, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
    I agree with Drednok that the levels look sparse without a lot of enemies or action in the gameplay footage I saw. Having an Xmen game is great, but provided it is of quality and not a rushed cashin on a popular franchise or impending movie. I'm optimistic.

Also, part of me wishes the game took better advantage of the TEAM dynamics with Xmen like NPCs or ability to switch out characters. I'll reserve final judgement until I pick the game up and it's an "ZOMG INSTABUY!" but I'm hoping for some kinetic arcade brawling (or cool metroidvania twists). For $2.99 even if I'm just roaming around as Cyclops it'd probably be worth it, I'm also hoping for something epic.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Other releases have already shown up in the PH appstore. This one, hasnt yet. o_O

16. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I only have 1 question is this game going to be available in japan?some games i like are not released here

17. Trust me when I say that screenshots or videos do this game no justice.

Many games play much better when one actually plays them. This one certainly does.

This game is good, really good.

18. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #78 undeadcow, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
    Wait a second... where's Cable?!?

[​IMG]

...I miss the glory days of Rob Liefield, the late New Mutants / early X-force run was insane. It had nothing to do with Days of Future Present... but neither did Polaris or Deadpool that have been thrown around as possible future additions.

19. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  20. REALglitchsoft

May 21, 2014
    Ottawa, Canada
    That's a good question. We reached out to Marvel with a proposal. There are a lot of X-Men fans here so we pitched an X-Men game. Our main goal was to treat X-Men fans the right way and we hope we did that with this game.