Universal Uncanny X-Men: Days of Future Past - (by GlitchSoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 21, 2014.

1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Can it be played with icade? If yes, I'll buy it straight away

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    No IAPs. F yes!

3. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    I'm buying this. Yep. Hope it has controller support. Won't deter me regardless. :)

4. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Nothing about iCade in the options. But I have an 8-Bitty, so I will check when I get home.

Man, this game is pretty great. A little rough around the edges, but tons of fun nonetheless. Both control schemes work quite well. My only gripe so far is that all the characters play kind of the same at the beginning. But when you get more abilities for them, they start to differentiate more. Plus I only have Wolverine, Shadowcat, and Colossus so far. Also, the jumping and air attacks might be a little "floaty" for some people. I do like how your attacks, air or ground, "home in" to some degree, though. So if there are things to attack on either direction, and you kill everything on one side, if the other things are close enough, you just keep attacking and you will automatically change direction.

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Game Center:

[​IMG]

Look I know that as a Fan Boy of the X-Men Universe too I see it similar as you do but with the Gaming Industry currently beliving that they can keep running the Business as followed...

[​IMG]

...where it nowadays seem to be already a Feature when a Game is being promoted with...

*No Internet Connection Required and No In-App Purchases

...even in the AppStore/Google Play description I can understand everyone here or on any other Gaming Community Website like NeoGAF when the first Question that comes up nowdays in a Thread about any Mobile Game is:

How bad is the iAP?

This isn`t something the Gaming Community did created on their own, it just does reflect what a (hole) Industry has managed to achieved over the last couple of (five) years and I am unsure if it will ever out of that slurry.

Don´t blame those that are nowadays unsure about if they should just buy a Game or not, the (Mobile Gaming) Industry had changed a lot over the last couple of Years and you are long enough oboard to know how it was before it is nowadays.

6. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I had to stop watching your video, Sanuku. It was making me too excited, and I didn't want to spoil any more of the game/story. (I've never read the original story.)

This looks soooo good. Definitely buying it the second it comes to the US store.

7. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I also am very excited about a new X-Men game. I wanted to like the old arcade X-Men game from the 90s, but the IAP in it was terrible. You had an option to pay 50 cents to continue playing after you lost, ugh, what a scam. IAP ruins video games. I'm so glad they're marketing this game as having no IAP.

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    From what I've watched from Sanuku's video, this is exceeding my expectations. 13 more hours for me and this baby is mine! Hoping that higher levels have a little more hidden areas and exploration like Swordigo but I'll definitely take what I've seen so far. An Instabuy™ for me!

9. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Wow this looks great! Can't wait.

10. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Invited the Developer to stop by the forum, hope they can make the party.

11. #31 Connector, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
    This game is awesome!!!!!

Super instabuy!

[​IMG]

12. Chaos_u

Chaos_u Well-Known Member

13. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Just wow! X-men is my favorite comic franchise! Even if this game had cost over 2.99 I still would have bought it. I am speechless. Instabuy!

14. Crichton333

Crichton333 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Game developer
    They did step it up in 2014. Awesome game.

15. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I love Marval, but I'm not a huge X-Men fan. This game looks awesome, though. And I'll support almost anything that goes out of its way to announce the lack of iAP. I can't wait!

16. Get it, this is one of the best action platforming games on iOS. Feels like a console game in many ways.

[​IMG]

17. REALglitchsoft

May 21, 2014
    Ottawa, Canada
    Ask your Uncanny X-Men game questions

Hi everyone!

We're the developer of Uncanny X-Men: Days of Future Past mobile game. We are so happy to see people talking about game - can't wait for you to enjoy it as much as we do! It is a busy time for us but we are excited to answer your questions. Please feel free to ask anything, except for the things we can't answer!

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Unfair ! Not another person with a NZ account while the rest of us have to wait ;)

19. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Hi there, thank you so much for this beautiful game, it really looks awesome. My only question is, does it or will it support icontroller?

20. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Welcome to TA! (assuming this is your first time here) The game looks great and I thank you for not filling it with stupid iAP.