(Un)Official FIFA 2010 South Africa Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, May 8, 2010.

1. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Holy Jesus Christ Almighty.

Read the post I quoted from you.

Explain to me how that is not hypocritical. You were talking about how people "don't listen to your argument," so now listen to mine and explain to me how you weren't being a hypocrite.

2. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Exactly... :rolleyes:

3. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    How I was not being a hypocrite:

If I recall correctly you say that I was being a hypocrite because I told you to stop complaining. You say that I told you to stop complaining about the Dutch diving and fouling. Well, in the post that you quoted, the quote did not involve you saying anything about the Dutch diving or fouling. Here is the post I quoted while tellin you to stop crying:
    You specifically said that your accusation was based on one single post of mine. I do believe this is the quote I quoted in that said post. Hmmm I do not believe I see you saying that the Netherlands flopped in this post.
    I do see you saying they fouled though.

So I told you to stop complaining about something you said in that post above. You said fouling, not flopping. So I told you to stop complaining about the fouling. Yet in your statement you said that I told you to stop complaining about flopping and fouling by the Dutch. 50% incorrect since you failed to complain about the flopping.

So I complained about Spain flopping NOT fouling. So if was a hypocrite, I wouldve been telling you to stop complaining about FLOPPING if you had complained about FLOPPING. But you had complained about FOULING in that post, thus making me NOT a hypocrite.

God that was hard to type on an iPod.

4. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Sorry about the late response your highness. Loading times, copy pasting certain parts, and typing that with autocomplete is tougher than using a computer.

5. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    #865 Brazilian Rider, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
    You're still a hypocrite for basically telling me to stop complaining and then complaining yourself. Doesn't matter exactly what your complaining about.

It's like this. If I go around shooting men and you go around shooting women, and start telling me that I should stop shooting people, yet, you continue to shoot women. I'd call you a hypocrite, and you'd say, "No, I'm not a hypocrite, I told you too stop PEOPLE, but I'm shooting WOMEN!" That's basically what your argument was.

6. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Hahahahahhaha niiiice. I just checked and rechecked my logic and the post. Honestly I feel as though that was a Phoenix Wright moment right there. Your nonsensical post was proof enough.

7. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    #867 Brazilian Rider, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
    You're kidding me, right?

Your "Phoenix Wright" moment consisted of you telling me that you meant to tell me to "stop complaining about fouling" when you were "complaining about flopping." That's still hypocritical, because you were telling me to stop complaining yet you were still doing so.

If that was the best Phoenix Wright could do, he woulda lost every case.

And if you wanna go even more in depth, you never specifically told me to stop complaining, you told me to "stop blaiming others for your own shortcomings," which is coincidentally, exactly what you did.

8. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Mhm, whatever floats your boat. You wanted me to prove that I was not a hypocrite, so I proved technically I was not a hypocrite.

9. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Please explain to me how this is not hypocritical.

10. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    You seem to be thinking that I think that Spain's flopping cost Netherlands the World Cup. No I never did say that. I said Spain's flopping gave the impression that the Dutch were fouling a lot and fouling hard. Primarily I said that Spain's flopping made it look like the Netherlands were playing dirty.

The first statement said "stop blaming others for your own shortcomings". You said that Netherland's diving and fouling methods cost Brazil a win, or something of the sort. You've been implying that, at the very least.

Interpretation matters.

Now that I think about it. How is that statement in my post insulting? I never called you anything derrogatory.

Now Id love to defend myself from your attacks all day, but I'm about to get off from work soon. So I won't be able to defend myself til later tonight. Overall I think you just need to lighten up. A Brazilian loss isn't the end of the world.

11. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Once again you keep coming back to the Brasilian loss, which isn't what we're talking about right now. I said the Dutch fouling helped cause a Brasilian loss, you said that Spanish flopping caused it to look like the Dutch were fouling. You told me to not blame others, yet you did it yourself.

I don't understand how you DON'T see that as hypocrisy.

12. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Wow. I never realised that Spanish people are so short! Half their team are around 170cm! Pedro, Xavi, Iniesta, Navas, Silva and Mata are all that height. Villa's not that tall either, 175cm I think.

13. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    #873 Eduku, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
    Fun fact: Jesus Navas is a talented player, but there's a reason he hardly ever plays for his country, and hasn't moved from his club, Sevilla. He suffers from an illness which causes chronic homesickness, giving him severe anxiety attacks when he is away from his home city of Seville. In 2006 Chelsea had agreed a deal with Sevilla to sign Navas, but he backed out due to his illness. He also apparently comes from a gypsy ancestry, which makes it kinda ironic. However in 2009 he announced that he would play in the World Cup in order to overcome his condition, and made 3 appearances in the tournament, including around 30 minutes in the final.

14. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Yes, and he has overcome that problem.

15. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I knew something was wrong with those eyes

16. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Another Fun Fact: When Lionel Messi of Argentina was born, he had a disease in which he would always be short. Doctors predicted he would only reach the height of 4'0", but Messi's family insisted otherwise and had doctors inject HgH into his legs, hoping he would grow, until he finally reached the height of 5'4". He was always good at soccer, but nobody thought his short height would've actually given him an ADVANTAGE, by lowering his center of gravity and giving him more ball control.

17. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    That's why he's loyal to Barca, apparently they gave him the chance in football when he was young and no one else would take him, so he probably feels he owes them.

18. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Yup. Another team wanted him to play there, but he wouldn't pay for his treatment. Barca, however, did.

19. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    The EPL fixtures are out. Chelsea should have a stroll through the first four matches or so.

20. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Isn't it ironic that before the final, Robben had been criticised for diving, and in the final minutes of the game, it was his choice to not dive that costed Netherlands the match?