(Un)Official FIFA 2010 South Africa Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, May 8, 2010.

1. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
    hahha. if brazil was playing against spain there no limit of humiliation.i bet spain wins with 2-0.
    Also Netherlands smashed brasil ,and i hope will do too in 2014.
    Netherlands played very good they ,this was high quality football ,2 teams united ,not like brasil with some expired stars and every play for him ,you need team spirit like spain and netherlands

2. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Wait, so we're all one sided because you say all the Spaniards were diving, so the Dutch weren't fouling at all. Riiiight :rolleyes:.

3. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I swear, reading all of your posts about Brasil not having a chance next WC or whatever, you don't know anything about football. I'm sorry, but it's true.

Netherlands DID NOT smash Brasil, and that final consisted of only very few worthy plays. Heck, the night before was better - the Netherlands played Brutally, again.

4. Registeel

Registeel Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    I think the Brazil team sucks.. what's all the hype for? And didn't Netherlands get heaps of yellow cards? I think they got 14, though I think both teams alltogether got 14...

Spain FTW.. The Australian team sucks.. Nothing but bad players..

5. WunDaii

The Brasilian team aren't the best, I can tell you that. In terms of individual skill, Spain win there. In terms of passing and elegancy, Brasil are most definitely the adorable one to watch.

The only bad thing? When we're one neil down and get fouled tons of times, we don't know what to do. Unfortunately, that is was happens in football now-a-days. It's not like the 'good old days'. Ah well, things change and it still is the best sport in the world.

---

That's another thing I don't get. People hate football for a wide number of reasons, yet it's the most adored sport in the world. I'm not sure why they don't like it, but hey, everyone's different right? Watching men run around in shorts and kick a ball into a net can be enjoying, haha. ;)

6. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    You say 'fouling' (I know it's a reference to the Dutch game which you feel was so ridiculously 'unfair' against you, but I'm talking generally), but it's simply physical football, which the Brazil players couldn't stand up against, and not because they're not strong enough (have you seen the size of Maicon and Lucio?) but because they fall over too easy. Maybe it's because I watch the Premier League, so I tend to judge more when a player goes down whether he wanted to or not rather than instantly victimising the player. It's a legitimate part of the sport, without it we'd see so much more diving around, which we really don't need.

This is of course excluding the final. Now that's just martial arts or something. /shrug.

7. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    #847 da shiz wiz 19, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
    Wait, so we're all one sided because you say all the Dutch were fouling, so the Spainards weren't diving at all? Riiiiight :rolleyes:

See how that works? Maybe if you pulled your head out of your ass you would realize that I said that Netherlands did foul and deserved to get at least two red cards but they didn't play as dirty as everyone says they played. Furthermore, the lopsidded foul spread was due to the incessant and aggravating flopping from the spanairds. Then I proceeded to admit that I formed these conclusions based on just this one game, and not the Netherlands history (since I know nothing of it, so I am also much more unbiased than others.)

8. WunDaii

I'm aiming the fouling and diving at the Netherlands, btw. ;) See how Robben dived around a lot in the final and several other games before that? Even the commentators on BBC had analysed that and pointed it pretty clearly. And yes, the Premier League just consists of English football (Duh :p), but that's not the kind I like to watch. :/ There's no good skill, passes or any of the sort - just pass and go, then see where you end up. :)

Anywho, I just saw Fabregas wear his correct shirt today. Barcelona FTW. He's wearing the shirt of his home and his original team. He should most definitely come back, he doesn't play like Arsenal should. He plays like a Spanish man guy thing.

Which leads me onto another point :): Premier League football is all about trading players and all of that. We recently had a school debate on this, and trust me, it's so true. The Premier League doesn't seem to be about the game anymore, but rather than about trading players and seeing who has the best team. Look at Brazil (haha:p) they haven't got well-known players; yet they're still world-class.

But that's not the World Cup. ;) I was just stating my random opinions because I think we'd all agree that Spain deserved the 18ct gold trophy. :)

9. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    #849 Eduku, Jul 13, 2010
    Sarcasm aside, I'll happily say that some of the players, like so many this tournament, fell too easily on occasion. Now that IMO there is no way I can be one-sided (besides, I'm a neutral in this), can you admit that the Dutch fouled way too much?

Yeah I can easily say that Robben dived a lot this tournament, and as a Chelsea fan who watched him week in week out, he became known among us as a diver (not as much as Ronaldo, but then again, that's hard to top).

I also think that's a little unfair towards the PL, just because you don't like it doesn't mean there's no skill in the play.

Well I can't say I agree with you there either, it's not just the PL, look at Real Madrid for example.

And Brazil have very well known players, most of whom play right up there at the top level.

10. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Yeah they did foul more than usual. I editted my post before I saw this post and I don't feel like deleting my edit. Damn just wasted like 3 minutes.

11. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    #851 Eduku, Jul 13, 2010
    Well, I was going to say it was good to see a good unbiased voice in this, but I don't think the insulting way you put it was quite necessary.

Also, I'd say that with a red card and two more deserved red cards along with a myriad of yellows, they deserve the criticism that they're getting, not just on this forum but from pundits, commentators and legends like Johan Cruyff.

12. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Well when you feel like you have a good point and half of it is conviniently being ignored, the best way to put it is in insulting manner so it doesn't get ignored...again

13. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Not really, if people don't seem to get your point, the best way is to explain yourself better so that they understand. When you insult someone in the middle of a proper debate all it says is 'I don't have any valid points to make so I'll just throw in an ad hominem to make my argument look better' even if that may not be true for you (which I assume it isn't for you).

14. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    I guess. But some people don't even try to understand what you're saying, I don't think explaining better would make a difference. Not implying anything, just generalizing.

15. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    So you're insulting me for saying the Netherlands dove and fouled a lot...

And then you go and complain about Spain flopping and fouling?

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

16. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Well, I don't think that applies to this thread. We've gotten pretty far without telling people to 'stick their head out of their asses'.

17. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Yeah, I dunno what the hype is all about...

It couldn't be because they won the 2007 Copa America or the 2009 Confederations Cup, as well as ranking #1 through Qualifiers in South America (Arguably the best continent for soccer in the world).

I'm clueless really...

18. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    I would read the post above your post that I am quoting right now. If the said poster wanted to understand what Ive been trying to say, he'd have read my previous posts fully. If he did that he wouldve realized that I knew nothing of the Netherlands history of diving and fouling. If one would read and try to understand my post, I repeatedly said that I formed my conclusions from just this one game and nothing more. For some reason I don't feel as though explaining myself would do anything assuage this situation.

19. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Well, two can play at this game.

If the poster who I am quoting would just read the post I quoted, he'd see that all the accusations I was making was based on that one post itself.

In the post quoted, the poster tells one to "stop complaining," the comment was geared towards a person who feels a team fouled and dove constantly against another.

Then, in the same post, the poster goes and accuses another team of diving and fouling.

20. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Alright bro, I'm done. Shouldn't even had said anything to a Brazil Fan :rolleyes: the misguided bitterness is astounding.