(Un)Official FIFA 2010 South Africa Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, May 8, 2010.

1. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    lol last time I fell I didn't roll around for 2 minutes and then blame someone else for it.

2. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Admit it. You're still mad at the Netherlands for beating Brazil. You've been bashing and hating on Holland ever since the loss...

3. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

He has the right to do so, with very good valid points.

4. Breakdown Studios

Breakdown Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
    you mean when Zidane Headbutted Materazzi?

5. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Let's hear em! They seemed fine to me.

6. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    And so have you...Both of you, get over it.... Don't be sore losers. I was for Holland, but I can accept that Spain played better. Although the ref might have made a couple mistakes :rolleyes:

7. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    To summarize, the WC final did not meet expectations in the least

8. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Netherlands was fouling like crazy in the Brasil game and the Spain game. I think Brasil lost because after they scored THE OWN GOAL, they lost their concentration.

Netherlands kicked Spain players, elbowed, tripped, so on and so forth. The ref started giving Spain the FEW (2 or 3) flops they had because Netherlands was fouling so much he had to give them the benefit of the doubt.

9. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Man, you are really bitter about that Brazil loss

10. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    That's what happens when your team loses due to stupidity and fouls >.<

EDIT: And also, you cannot possibly say Netherlands was a dirty team. The announcers were saying it, the people at the party I went too were saying it... They are dirty and foul A LOT.

DOUBLE EDIT: Netherlands -- 28 Fouls, 8 Yellow Cards, 1 Red Card // Spain -- 19 Fouls, 5 Yellow Cards, 0 Red Cards.

Which is the dirtier team?

11. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Well, a scrappy final to what can be called a relatively successful World Cup for South Africa. I think 14 yellows and a red says it all.

The second half was a better than the first, started to look like an actual football match. Both sides had very good chances, with Robben and Villa having the best ones, but ultimately the first touch and finish from Iniesta was brilliant to win it right at the end.

In the end Spain were the most deserving winners, IMO they've played the best football in the tournament overall, with Germany in second. It sucks now that it's over, bring on the Euros I guess.

12. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    I think Iniesta also had a beautiful chance a couple of minutes before the end of regular time...

13. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    OK. About Brazil. Gotta be honest, I was rooting for them-I love how they play. But they lost because they were arrogant and conceited-too full of themselves. They were over confident and played some pretty sloppy football, and in the end the scrapping Dutch outplayed them.

I don't think the Netherlands was that bad in the Brazil match-aggressive sure, but not trying to harm the players. Today however, was a disgrace, and it really saddened me to see the state soccer had come to. They knew they were worse, and they made up for it by trying to kill the Spaniards. Disgraceful

14. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    I agree with you that Brasil shot themselves in the foot (almost literally, I mean an own goal? Really?), but Netherlands would bring them down everytime they touched the ball. Not a "violent" foul but a foul nonetheless.

But I agree, today was disgraceful.

15. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Successful? On what grounds? The teams-barring Germany, Argentina, and at times Uruguay-were defensive and boring. Fouls were in abundance, and there was more boring soccer than there was entertaining. Soccer was sloppy-just look at the final today, how many passes were missed? I don't see how you can make a case for this being a good World Cup

16. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Just wait for the 2014 World Cup :D

17. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    True. But hey, that's what soccer is like. An aggressive sport. What would rugby be without tackling? Similarly, soccer actually benefits from a bit of scrapping. I'm not saying what Netherlands did during the Brazil match was ok-it might have been a bit over the top-but it was reasonable.
    Today's display however......

18. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Spain deserved to win.

19. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    O ya. You'll be partying as Brazil lock it up. Brazil Argentina final....in South America....I'm drooling at the thought :D

20. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Casillas for my man of the match.