(Un)Official FIFA 2010 South Africa Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, May 8, 2010.

1. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    i know, right? btw, beautiful goal by miroslav

2. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I feel sorry for Random Guy

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    It's utter murder at this point.

4. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

4-0. My God Germany, give Australia a break! Oh wait, it's the World Cup. That's right, My God Australia! Step up!

5. runformoney1110

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    lol germany massacre

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Show's over. Finally a world class performance.

7. Breakdown Studios

Breakdown Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
    Well deserved victory to Germany, I´m actually impressed by the performance and I think they have been the best team in the WC so far.

the organization, the speed the skills are all top notch. I didn´t expect them to be as organized since they have so many new players.

8. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

The match I'd like to see is Argentina against Brazil. My my what a game that would be.

That reminds me, gotta get Freesat HD for Tuesday's game. ;)

9. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
    England:Holy crap. Germany are going to eat us alive if we have to play them!

10. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Poor Aussies. Not to take away anything from Germany, but I'd like to see them against a good team (like Spain, or Portugal)

11. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    It wouldn't be a game at all.

NIGERIA had some good breaks against Argentina whilest counterattacking. If it wasn't for their terrible ball handling, they could've very well scored the equalizer or even won it. That sole Argentina goal was a Nigerian mistake.

Brasil's team is based on the counterattack. If Argentina plays them, it'll be a 2-0 or 3-0 final for Brasil.

However, a Brasil-Spain game would be fun to watch, as neither has shown any weakness.

12. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Paraguay vs Italy tomorrow is going to be an amazing game :D

13. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Germany outplayed us, I can agree with that. However, the umpiring was absolutely shocking.

2 minutes into the second half, Frederici clearly handballed in the penalty area, yet no penalty was given!

Cahill's tackle on Schweinsteiger was clearly not red-card worthy. He came sliding in, but as soon as Schweinsteiger passed the ball away, Cahill bent his legs, threw his arms up in the air to show that he had no intent to hurt him. Maybe he deserved a yellow-card, but definitely not a red-card.

Sure, it wouldn't have mattered on the outcome of the match, but Cahill, our best player, will miss the next match against Ghana. I would be absolutely shattered if it was that umpire that costed Australia's World Cup campaign.

Oh well, hopefully Kewell or Bresciano will return for our next match.

14. Breakdown Studios

Breakdown Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
    I am sorry too say, Random Guy, that crying on the referee outcomes is not very proud for you and your country :D, you did the same 4 years ago against Italy but you didn´t really do anything to deserve the win back then, and if you reached the pentaly shoot out you would have got anywhere anyway. I hope Australia will go trough to next stage, but you are definatly missing a good goal scorer and an organized defence.

As you know, especially in the world cup, fouls like that are not allowed, don´t know if you notice, but the main message here is "Fair Play". We have seen already 4/5 red cars in the few game already played. There will be even more of this and as usual, it will change the outcomes of the WC.

We see what Italy will do tonight, they are not coming out as one of the favourites team, but they still have to defend the world cup title! Hopefully they will play a good football, even if they usually play on counter-attack and long throw.

15. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    +1

The referee was good. I am glad he showed the Australian guy the red card. Fifa told everyone the referees were going to be strict. Balack couldn't go to the World Cup because of soft refereeing. Players will concentrate more in playing than hurting the other.

16. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Lol, that red card was bullshit, it's a free-kick, yellow at best. Referees have been "meh" so far, but such is the way with sporting events.

Don't even TRY to justify that straight red.

Also... 1-0 Paraguay!!!!

17. runformoney1110

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    1x1 now

18. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    :/ Tomorrow's my turn to cheer!

19. carnivore

carnivore Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
    #79 carnivore, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
    @random_guy: i have to agree with you on the referee. the outcome would most probably have been unaffected (perhaps 3-0 instead of 4-0) but the red card was absolutely bull. generally from what i have seen so far the referees do not rule to my liking at all. there have been horrible decisions thus far and judging from what the fifa put the refs up to they might very well want to turn football into some sort of "figure balling" or something. grow a pair for f*** sake it's not chess. that btw is the reason why i've always admired the english football. most of the players over there just play the freakin' game as it is supposed to be. without all the acting and whining you have to put up with in germany, italy or france.

20. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Really? I've always thought that german football would be similar to over here in the premier league, but I guess not. Mind you, the premier league isn't completely acting-and-whining-proof, it does happen sometimes. Luckily, Ronaldo left England so that's half the problem gone. :p