(Un)Official FIFA 2010 South Africa Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, May 8, 2010.

1. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    You think you'll win a World Cup... In BRASIL?

Good luck too ya.

2. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Pshhhhhhhh. The funniest thing I have heard all day. A European nation winning a World Cup in South America? Not a chance

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Amazing game. I felt really sorry for Uruguay and I was gutted when Forlan hit the bar right at the end. Top, top stuff. A match more than worthy of being the Final.

4. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That's funny man, real funny. ;) You'll probably get to the final or so, but never win it. Especially in Brazil.

5. WunDaii

Hey guys, I wonder if they're already manufacturing the new Brasilian shirts with 6 stars printed on them? :)

6. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Butt had it covered.

7. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Nah, if it had dipped a little more, it would have hit the bar and gone in.

8. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Holland are going to win today, probably due to them having a huge amount of luck.

9. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    You're being incredibly unfair. They have been one of the best teams this tournament-don't take away from their hard work and sharp defense

10. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I'm all for Holland, I've supported them for many Years, I'm sure most would comment on their crazy good luck this time round.

11. WunDaii

Sharp defense? Bahahaha... you mean fouling, right? Van Bommel, ring any bells?

One of the greatest teams? No way, no... way. Just luck has helped them through.

12. Breakdown Studios

Breakdown Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
    I´m with Paul for tonight :D

13. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Same here. I'm wearing my Brasilian jersey to the party I'm going to in order to remind myself to cheer HARD for Spain...

14. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Well here we go again...

15. WunDaii

...in the name of truth. I'd love to see anybody argue that Van Bommel didn't foul A LOT and that the Netherlands' goals weren't flukes. Nothing but the truth.

16. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Robben's goal wasn't a fluke? Sure, a bunch of them were lucky, but a bunch of them were good goals too... No one is going to become world cup champion without a bit of luck.

17. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    Yeah, who needs skill nowadays!

18. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    'in the name of bias', more like. Sure they have had an element of 'luck' in their victories, but you could say a LOT of the goals this tournament have had luck on their side with deflections and 'ghost goals' aplenty. Even in footbool in general, to become champions you need a bit of luck on your side, Chelsea had luck when they won the Premier League, Barca had luck when they won the Champions League last time. Doesn't mean their whole campaigns have been based on pure luck.

Also, you're using one player as a generalisation of the team as a whole, which isn't right. Otherwise, we'd all be happily basing Brazil on the actions of everyone's favourite player Felipe Melo.

No offense, but I'm surprised that it's two fans of the same team who're still harping about this stuff, everyone else has accepted their team wasn't good enough and moved on ages ago.

19. WunDaii

Aha, just seen Van Bommel been warned by Howard Webb. Glad, little cheat. >:]

20. WunDaii

Ah, good point. I just can't help to think that Holland had knocked us out - I'm a 'true' fan I guess. Either way, Spain definitely deserve this more. They've shown much more skill and passion, especially Puyol.