(Un)Official FIFA 2010 South Africa Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, May 8, 2010.

1. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    #541 Brazilian Rider, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
    Pity Paraguay lost, especially with that lost opportunity at the end...

I don't see ANY way Spain can get past Germany.

EDIT:

If you think about it, Paraguay should've won that one. That goal they had was unfairly taken away, and on the missed PK, the goalie CLEARLY left his line and there were Spanish players CLEARLY inside the box before the kick was taken, he should've had a redo.

Not to mention that last blown chance in the dying minutes, it should've been 3-1 Paraguay.

2. Breakdown Studios

Breakdown Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
    whot a game!!

but if spain play like this it will not beat Germany. We see if Villas can still be the top scorer after that game.

P.s. Paraguay Penalty should have been retaken as well.. shame I would have loved this game to go extra time

3. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Spain played shit today. Germany will beat Spain, hands-down. Paraguay were by far the better team.

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I NEVER saw such a bad, uninspired and lame game by spain before.
    Germany will take them out in to time. They aren't opponents, they're victims.

What a shitty, unfair game for Paraguay.

5. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Unfair? What are you talking about?

6. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Yeah, and I missed it.

SAD FACE.

7. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    I wasn't able to watch most of the match, but I caught the highlights, so I saw all of the main refereeing decisions. Very inconsistent refereeing this match.

Well firstly, it's been a very long time since I saw a keeper actually stay on his line before a penalty, they never actually do, but that's not the case here. It's when you take a penalty kick, there will almost always be players encroaching on the penalty area, it just can't be helped. Usually the ref lets it go but if it's a large number of players (say, 6 or 7) then they tend to blow for a retake. There were about 2 or 3 players just about inside the box for the Paraguay, so maybe it might have been acceptable.

For Spain's first penalty, there were about 2 players inside when it was taken, and the ref called for a retake, first inconsistency there. It also puts the penalty taker at a disadvantage, since having to take it again is bad for the nerves. Then when the second one is taken, I think there are actually the same or even more players encroaching into the box, so there's another inconsistency. And even then immediately after that, Fabregas is clearly fouled by the keeper, so Spain should have actually had another penalty.

Then there's the incident which led to the penalty kick in the first place, where Villa is clearly fouled by the last man, and therefore the defender should have had a red card, but the ref somehow gives a yellow. Either don't give the penalty at all, or give the penalty and send the defender off. As I said, I didn't watch most of the actual match, so I didn't see the minor incidents, but I thought the refereeing was poor, which continues the trend for the tournament, unfortunately.

I think if you weigh it up in the end, the ref's decisions (or errors, if you will) balance out on both sides in the end. Perhaps even in Spain's favour.

Also, the Pique incident leading to the Paraguay penalty was laughable :p.

8. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    do you guys know about Larissa Riquelme, the Paraguayan super model? She was there cheering -> Huge t***s and smoking hot
    She even said she'd run around naked if paraguay won... what a pity

9. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    WOW@ Argentina getting nailed and double WOW@ the penalty fiasco in the Spain match. Amazing.

10. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Did you see Paraguay's goal that was dissalowed for no reason?

11. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    What did they do to be "brought crashing down to the ground"?

If you remember, after Robinho's goal, Kaka had a good shot that was spectacularly blocked and so did Maicon. Please, PLEASE don't tell me the Netherlands didn't foul everytime Brasil got the ball, because they did. There's no denying that. 8/11 of the starting Netherlands players had a yellow card going into this game, you cannot say they don't play dirty when you look at that.

12. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    That's a shame. We don't get to see any streaks. :(

13. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Dude I thought Slovania fouled the USA ever single time they got the ball, but I'm sure the Slovannians (?) didn't see it that way.

14. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Could have, would have, should have. Brazil are out. Accept that fact and get on with it.

15. Breakdown Studios

Breakdown Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
    Yep, welcome to the club of "the loosers".

16. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Yeah, we've all had to move on with our respective teams going out, some more...spectacularly than others (you should understand Random_guy, we've both had 4 goals scored against us with controversial refereeing decisions). Just accept that your team wasn't good enough to stay in.

17. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Then again, I feel for Brazilian_Rider, as football is more important to Brazil as it is to Australia.

18. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Personally, I think leaving Pato and Ronaldinho out of the squad was a big mistake. Both are very exciting players, and can always give a bit of spark for them when in trouble. I would've also liked to see youngsters Ganson and Neymar in the squad.

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #559 Vovin, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010

Main problem: Brazil, same as Argentinia, were to proud and over-confident before the matches. When you're playing bigmouth and are to sure to win and then lose, it's a long, hard fall with a terrible impact.
    You guys simply can't lose - it's just a game, nothing else.

May I remind you that it was Brazil who started fouling and got the first yellow card? That it was Brazil who got a red card for an evil foul at Robben?

Accept the fact that Brazil made too many mistakes and lost. You can't change it anymore so get over it.

20. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I'm not used to a day going by without watching a game now. This sucks.