(Un)Official FIFA 2010 South Africa Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, May 8, 2010.

1. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
    Germany 4 Argies 0 :D Blimey my 14-1 Germany with 33-1 Klose Golden Boot are looking good at the moment with back up of Villa at 8-1 and both top at the moment with 4 goals...Come on!! :D

2. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I feel as if the winner of the Germany-Spain/Paraguay (let's not lie, it's going to be Spain bar a miracle) will be the winner of this World Cup.

And I feel as Germany will be the winner of that game.

3. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
    ╔══╦══╦══╗╔══╦══╦═╦╦╗╔╗
    ║╚╝║══╣╔╗╚╣║║║╔╗║║║╠╗╔╝
    ╚══╩══╩╝╚═╩╩╩╩╝╚╩╩═╝╚╝

GERMANYY !!! GERMANY!!!!!

Europe - South America 2-0

4. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Wow, I can't believe that Argentina lost by a bigger margin than England did. Two South American powerhouses go out in 2 days, Germany 4-0 Argentina

It took about 2-3 minutes for the first German goal, with poor defending by Argentina to let Muller in on a header. Germany pretty much dominated after that, the trio of Tevez, Messi and Higuain were ineffective, especially Messi who was crowded out by at least two players every time he got possession of the ball.

Then came the second half, and Argentina started brightly, but couldn't finish in the final third. Some more defensive errors led to a simple pass to Klose to finish from a yard out. The Schweinsteiger assist for the third was great, with him drifting past two defenders effortlessly from out wide into the box to pass to Friedrich to tap in. By the time Klose volleyed in the fourth, I think the Argentinians had long given up.

Spain will be obvious favourites for tonight, so Germany v Spain will be very interesting. Looks like it's up to Uruguay (and possibly Paraguay) to carry the banner for South America in the next round.

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Yes. We. Rule. 'Em. All! :D :D :D

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    *wakes up, stretches and glances at clock*

"Oh shit! I knew I shouldn't have stayed out that late and try to drive back home that late in the morning, I must be getting old. OH SHIT I MISSED THE GAME! I wonder what happened? Germany was my spick to win the tournament but I'm sure in a classic matchup against Argentina it was a cagey, pitched battle. Even Germany couldn't drum out Ar- ABRUGOWHA?" :eek::D

7. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Wow. Messi was dismal, as was Tevez. The Germans absolutely dominated on all fronts, blowing the game wide open in the middle of the second half. A disappointing performance from Argentina, who I had picked to win it all

8. Breakdown Studios

Breakdown Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
    that was a big mistake since Maradona was coaching them! he Left Militio on the bench and didn´t bring Zanetti and Cambiasso, I think that say it long on his menaging skills.

9. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Hey, be fair. Maradona is a guy who knows soccer inside-out. True, there might be some ego issues, and he might be a bit dull-headed at times, but we can certainly not blame Argentina's loss on him. The players were completely overwhelmed, with Klose and Muller dominating from beginning to end. There was really no contest-no matter who was subbed in, the result would have stayed the same

10. Breakdown Studios

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
    I think Maradona was one of the best player ever existed, but a good player does not make a good coach.

11. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    But Pele was better :)

12. Breakdown Studios

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
    Yes for sure, and if I recall right, he never coached.

13. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Wait, what? Spain isn't whipping Paraguay's ass?

14. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Sigh... even a day later I don't understand why Brasil lost.

They dominated Netherlands COMPLETELY the first half, with three beautiful chances (one scored, two blocked miraculously by the keeper) to score before Netherlands started playing, in my opinion, dirty. Everytime Brasil got the ball, they would be fouled. The ref would give the free kick, but I felt that after awhile he should have started to control it more. EVERY TIME Kaka touched the ball he was soon on the ground...

Then they got that MIRACULOUS first goal... if you think that wasn't incredibly lucky, you're insane, and that coupled with the Netherlands constant fouling frustrated Brasil and they lost their head, giving up the second (and slightly lucky) second goal.

I guess when so many things go wrong like that, it almost seems as if they were destined to lose...

15. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    And you're obviously completely unbiased, considering your username ;)
    I don't think the Netherlands played dirty. They scrapped hard and put a lot of heart into their game, and were the deserved winners in the end. Kaka's struggles are his own fault-even when he was playing against less "dirty" opponents, he was extremely unimpressive. No, Brazil were far too arrogant and laid back, and they certainly deserved to be brought crashing down to the ground in this rather rude manner

16. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Casillas saves the PK!!!! OMG!!!! We are still tied at 0!

17. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    And Alonzo hits the PK!! What a turn around!! 1-0 Spain!!

EDIT: NO!! A RETAKE!!! AND HE SAVES IT!!!!!! MY GOD!!! WHAT A GAME!!! WE ARE STILL SCORELESS!!!! This is crazy!

18. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Most AMAZING sports moment OF MY LIFE.

19. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    It's unbelievable!

20. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO