(Un)Official FIFA 2010 South Africa Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, May 8, 2010.

1. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I think this falls under the benefit of the doubt category. At least how I interpret it, is that anything truly close should be allowed to play on. I mean it's near impossible to see Villa and a defender across the box as a ball is flicked backwards.

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    And in that screenshot, the ball had already long left the foot of Xavi, so we need to rewind to when the ball had just left the foot of Xavi, or practically still touching his foot. Then, I think we'll see that Villa is behind that yellow line.

3. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Yeah, the screenshot was taken late, the ball's already quite well away from Xavi's foot, it needs to be paused earlier than that.

4. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I just realised there are no games for 2 days! :(

5. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    anyone know any good footballs/soccer under 20 pounds? and any good place to buy them? I've been looking forever.

sorry to kinda hijack the thread..I didn't want to make a new thread just for this..

annnnd

david villa for golden boot!!

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I hate Spain and Argentina.

My two backup teams got knocked out... Portugal and USA... it's all on Brasil now!

8. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    arta does it again with the funny gif! *CLAP*

9. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Either way, it's still offside. That's the rule of the game and should be offside. You can't let a goal be a goal if it just fell on the line, eh? ;) :p

And I'm pretty sure that was offside. I watched ITV's analysis and it is definitely offside. It wasn't a great goal; not a Spanish goal or whatever. It's a decent, typical mistake-then-fix goal. Still, I'm glad Villa played well - he's coming to Barcelona, eh? ;)

I can definitely see how different Spain play than Brasil. I prefer Brasil's way MUCH more, even though I'm a supporter of the 5-time champions. :) Brasil's play is much more slow and clever, consisting of much better trickery. Spain's type of play is so distinguishable (but similar to Barcelona's); pass quickly and try to score. They don't really keep the ball as well as Brasil do, then look for the different type of opportunities available to set up an amazing goal.

10. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    After watching the Spain-Portugal game, I'm pretty sure Brasil can rape Spain. Especially after Brasil's defense DESTROYED every single Chilean attack.

11. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Well, I'm not sure you can really expect the linesman to be able to spot it when it's just about offside. Yet more evidence in support of video officials, I guess.

The final shot wasn't that 'spanish', but I think the buildup play leading up to it was quite.

12. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Actually, I don't think it was, because after watching a replay of the goal, Xavi "pushes" the ball backwards with his foot, which it appears he is still doing in this picture.

13. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    #413 Random_Guy, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    Who is likely to play better:
    Forlan or Suarez?
    Maxi Rodriguez or Kaka?

And what are the odds of Uruguay keeping a cleansheet against Ghana?

14. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    Suarez and Kaka.

Ghana players can jump... very low.

15. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I now support Paraguay, why? Because this lady promises to run through downtown Paraguay naked if they win the world cup(unlikely I know)

16. Brazilian Rider

Mar 6, 2009
    SXEphil?

17. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Maybe >.>

18. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Thanks. Uruguay have only conceded 1 goal thus far, and Ghana, in theory, have really only scored 1 goal as well, with the other 2 goals being scored from penalty kicks.

19. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
  20. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London