(Un)Official FIFA 2010 South Africa Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, May 8, 2010.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Let's go Germany!

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I can hear the drums and the crowd!

3. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    ...I can't believe the ref didn't give the England goal. Brilliant from Lampard to bring the match to 2-2, and everybody in the stadium knew it was in, but the ref doesn't give it. Mystifying.

4. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    ...the replay clearly shows that the ball landed behind the goal line. By like a good feet....What the hell Ref??

5. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Sepp Blatter feels that because of the high level of officials, there's no need for goal-line technology.

Sepp... you're a MUPPETT!!!

6. Joshn

Joshn Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    England
    All I can say is... THE REFEREE'S A WANKER!

7. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Refs suck in this world cup.

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
  9. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Hahaha, England just got completely pwned by Germany.
    Germany played so well, I'm glad they won (even though I'm English :p).

10. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

England's attacking side were good enough to beat Germany, but they're defending half was absolutely bullshit. When Germany took them down after 3-1, England went downhill from there.

11. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Agreed. Those goals were so preventable. If only those bloody midfielders didn't all just bunch uselessly at the front and leaving the defensive flanks wide open.

12. WunDaii

Yup, both flanks were wide open; defending and attacking in England's team. Very poor.

13. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    That's not true. Our attacking side was almost completely lackluster. Rooney, our supposed saviour, has failed to score the whole tournament.

I haven't seen such a bad defensive display by England in a very, very long time. Every defender was out of position, no one was tracking their offensive players or even tracking back at all.

It's always been the case with England, and I think that we're in a similar position to Italy. A group of players who do very well for their clubs, but there is no team spirit whatsoever, none of them seemed to be aware of each other's positions like they would with a club team that they've been playing with for a long time. If they had played premier league football, then there is every chance that they could have given the Germans a real run for their money. A lot of our players are now too old, and that showed against the 'new era' of Germany, who were quicker, physically stronger and much sharper.

The disallowed goal was one of those 'what if' moments. Would be have been able to go out and give the Germans a good match if it had stood. No one will know. But I do know that a solid conclusion can be drawn that Sepp Blatter is an idiot. Every single English pundit, presenter and journalist was in joint agreement that video evidence must be used in games. Blatter's defence? It's 'too expensive' and that 'it is good to have a debate among fans'. How it is 'too expensive' when you already have goaline cameras installed in almost every stadium? It's just absurd.

Well, what's done is done. Perhaps not in time for the Euros, but next World Cup, we'll have our own 'new era' of players. Most of the squad don't have another WC in them, so hopefully the younger players can start coming up through the ranks. We've had good players coming up through from the U-21 team, so good for the future.

Oh, and well done the Germans. I predicted from the start that they would make the final at least, and they seem on course for that.

14. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    The Octopus never lies!

15. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ipod Touch game player person like thing????
    11th dimension
    GAAAAAHHHHH usa lost

16. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Theme of this World Cup:

TERRIBLE Officiating.

17. WunDaii

Let's hope Brazil's game is fair, eh?

18. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I may/ may not go on a killing spree if it isn't.

Especially if it 'causes us to lose.

19. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Replay!

20. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Horrible errors from the Refs and Linesmen ruined both of the games today. I feel both mistakes could have changed the whole outcome had they never been made.