iPhone Ultima Forever

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MacrosTheBlack, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeblik

skeblik Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    I don't mean to be annoying, but we need to move this freemium discussion to my Freemium vs Premium thread. We shouldn't be getting off topic. :)

2. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    We all get it September, you are a howler monkey that likes to shriek into the jungle.

Please allow the other jungle creatures here to continue our conversations about Ultimate Forever.

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #43 september, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
    Even I had to laugh at that :) Talk away, I've just been replying to overly touchy replies based on one simple sentence.

4. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

In the words of the wise and all knowing Sheldon Cooper "Berzinger!"

5. overzero3

overzero3 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Ok, just to make sure: IT IS FREEMIUM.
    Not expeculation, not an opinion. Is a fact.
    Ultima Forever was made from ground up to be a freemium game. The producers say that the microtransactions are only meant to speed up the process. Players who play for free will still earn everything eventually, but can pay to get privileges early on. There are some interviews with the producers that confirm this.
    Ok...now I'll leave you guys can get in each others throat again!

6. Unfrozen

Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    That's good to hear that everything can be earned in game through grinding. Not a big fan of grinding but I like the option.

7. Andellyn

Andellyn Active Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I don't mind at all paying for content. But I cannot (will not) pay to speed things up. I'll gladly pay for good content, or gladly grind for it - but not a dollar to simply make things go faster. I'm 800 hours into Skyrim so I have no problem taking things slow and enjoying everything along the way.

8. skeblik

Jul 3, 2012
    800 HUNDRED hours? Dude... I am truly impressed. I didn't know there was even 800 hours of content in there. And yes, I also hope the IAP won't be obtrusive.

9. Unfrozen

Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    I can believe it. I must have sunk that much time into Morrowind before really touching the main quest. Detailed open world games can be played much longer than the listed hours of content play would suggest.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm still looking forward to this

Ideally it wouldnt be freemium but i'll make my mind up when the game comes out. Ridiculous to judge a game before its even out ! Lets at least try it and then get ready to shout 'freemium-crazy' or 'actually its not too bad' !

11. overzero3

overzero3 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    From an interview in the Rock Paper Shotgun website

I read other things about it somewhere when the game was first announced...but the idea is pretty much it!
    I'm just afraid that it will be like those games where you earn gold and gems or whatever and premium itens can only be bought with gems, which are almost impossible to get without dropping some cash...

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Can you two stop this, talk about it via PM but dont keep going on about it here.

Lets just wait till it comes out to see how bad the freemium model is.

13. Andellyn

Andellyn Active Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Did anyone see the gameplay video from PAX? Ultima Forever is "designed to be played in 5 minute chunks while in line for coffee"?!?! Ugh. My excitement for this dies a little each time one of the developers talks about it.

14. Doctor U

Doctor U Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Actor/Coke Bear
    ATL
    They are developing this game with free-to-play and mobile in mind. I expected this.

Give me UO2.

15. DizzyNBG

DizzyNBG Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Sooooo...when will it be released? Any infos out there of yet?

16. Andellyn

Andellyn Active Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Things sure seem to be quiet for a spring release...

17. skeblik

Jul 3, 2012
    I'm guessing something will pop up within the next few months.

18. rostic83

rostic83 Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Release date

When are they going to release this?

it was originally supposed to be Dec last year.

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I can see now why its called Ultima Forever as its taking forever ! Arrrgh !

I hope this arrives soon ! Wish it was an offline game but still interested to see how it plays

20. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Yeah, you would think after Duke Nukem Forever, no one would go with the same naming model, lol. Perhaps naming your game "forever" will... um... forever be a curse! ha!