iPhone Ultima Forever

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MacrosTheBlack, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doctor U

Doctor U Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Actor/Coke Bear
    ATL
    That'll do pig, that'll do.

2. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I love the Ultima games, especially Ultima IV and V.

I hope this comes at a good price (£5-£10), if EA release it as free and fill it with iap, I will not be responsible for my actions.

EA: You have been warned!!

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Awesome news

4. overzero3

overzero3 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Dude, you really don't know anything about this game, do you?
    It is a Free to play game with microtransactions. EA says that these IAP won't be anything like exclusive content, but it will be a way to obtain later content early on the game.
    Want that shiny new set of armor? You can either grind your ass as hell or pay to get it in advance.
    I don't like IAP (even cosmetics one) but at least it doesnt seem to be that much harmfull. We will have to see how it all will work out in the end still.

5. rostic83

rostic83 Member

Sep 27, 2010
    No news on this game.

What is going on any one know?

Did mythic shit itself when Shrouds of the Avatar got announced?

6. Yikes, this is going to be an EA freemium?

7. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Hopefully it's not Freemium, that would be horrible :(

8. skeblik

skeblik Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    It most likely will be freemium. I really am sick of people who hear a game is going to be freemium and are all like ERMEEGHERD OH NO IT'S FREEMIUM THIS IS GONNA SUCK. And all you RR3 haters? The game worked out just fine. If its freemium it doesn't mean it's going to be bad.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Kind of agree, i'm not a fan of freemium BUT i'll give it a chance first.

If its the usual grindfest or they 'force' to you buy IAP's then i'll moan. BUT i'll wait till i've actually played the game first

10. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    1. Richard Garriott has nothing to do with this product
    2. It's freemium
    3. It's EA

What do you consider more likely: an Ultima style RPG or a steaming turd trading off the name.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Well that just about says it all. EA are even managing to destroy non-freemium games these days so as soon as you include micro-transactions... might as well just burn a pile of cash and pretend you played it.

12. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    loud noises!!!

13. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    It might not be either. It could end up somewhere in between.

14. september

Sep 14, 2012
    "I'm really sick of people who" feel the need to try and make other people feel the same way they do and use their opinion as pseudo 'fact'. I would not look forward to this if it were freemium, simple as that. If you are then more power to you but not everyone has to feel the same way you do.

15. Unfrozen

Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Agreed Mike.

16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    When I look into the nimblebit direction... well, freemium doesn't seem too bad at all.

17. skeblik

Jul 3, 2012
    #37 skeblik, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    Word of wisdom. There are tons of fantastic freemium games out there. Yet I am also willing to pay for a game that is worth it's price.

Btw, I am not a freemium lover, like you said, I just think it can be a fantastic business model with the right people in charge. I can just recognize the quality in some freemium a that others (broad hint) can't.

18. skeblik

Jul 3, 2012
    Guys, I just started a freemium vs premium thread in the general discussions forum. Of we could move this discussion there that would be good. We don't want to get off topic here.

19. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Yeah, "freemium lover" just fit better than "person who likes good games, regardless of monetization model", hehe. :p

I'll admit, I do get wary when I see a game is freemium, and there's certainly precedence for such a reaction. But as you said, there's no reason to automatically assume a freemium game is no good.

One of the best features of a freemium game is that you don't have to spend a dime to find out if it is any good or not. Can't really complain about that! :)

20. Unfrozen

Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    #40 Unfrozen, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
    My big beef is when freemium gets applied to games that aren't a good fit for that and would naturally be a better experience as premium. For example, strategy games as Freemium, for the most part, is a bad fit.

The trend of many MMOs shifting from subscription to Freemium has shown that it can be a good fit.