Universal Ulterior - [Thinking outside the Box] - 10 Beta Testers Wanted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by antony.thai, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I really need hints on aloft of levels

2. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    This game looks like it's right up my alley. Is there a planned release date yet?

3. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    this game looks very interesting ! any game teasing on youtube ?

4. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    We are going to release it in Mid of May, Mike. :)

5. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

I played Blackbox (a game from another dev), it's great, but somehow, I don't like it too much since hint system and its iAP somehow makes me think that they will need to spend money that way to get over the game. In Ulterior, I really want user to feel confidence about the fact that the game already give all the needed data, the remaining work is only about their creative thinking to make it working.

We're targeting for May-12 if there're no big trouble. Thanks for liking mate!

Since a video or gameplay video will reveal the way to solve some levels in Ulterior so we don't intend to do that for now.

6. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    What about after sitting on one screen for a certain time limit like 5 minutes with no progression a small indicator could pop up giving off a small hint of some sort.

I know hardcore puzzle fans don't like hints at all but if your going for the masses for people who don't normally play these like myself you could even have an option from the start of the game to enable hints.

I think that would improve the game tremendously . Enable hints or disable hints before the game starts

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I had to ask for the solution to that one as well!

I'm on level 19 now and I'm stuck again......

8. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    #28 icoker, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    May I sign up for beta? :D

Got an iPhone 6S

9. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Hey, I received your message, and I'd like to help test and provide feedback. The issue is, I'm on an iPad.

I don't mind testing builds, as soon as I can be of service.

10. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    When you'll have a promo code i'll be here For you! ;-)

11. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Have been stuck on hacker for a while, definitely wouldn't mind a hint in PM. The first few levels were niche though. I'll have more detailed feedback a bit deeper into the game.
    Since so many people have had trouble with Hacker maybe it should be later than level 4?

12. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

Darn :( I only have an iPhone 4s :(

13. antony.thai

I get it. I've been thinking a way to add hint properly in Ulterior for the moment, your suggestion is awesome too, but I'm just afraid that people will wait for 5 mins to get pass all the levels... But we know how important to have kind of hint system in Ulterior. What is your progress my friend? How many levels that you feel really exciting while solving it?

14. antony.thai

It's really impressive!!! Did you stop the sand clock yet? Have you solved another password in level 20? Is it easy?

Yes mate! I definitely need your help! Please PM me the TestFlight ID asap!

Ulterior supports iPad too, in fact, there're few different on design between the iPad & iPhone version, since something is doable in iPad but not iPhone and vice versa... Please give me your TestFlight ID, from the next round of beta, it's will be playable in the iPad aslo. :p

It's in beta testing phrase, you can check the game now by giving your TestFlight ID. ;)

iPhone 4s will be supported from the next round of beta testing my friend, join us!

@all: Thank you a lot for your helps!

15. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    damn, andre can you send me the solution for the hacker :D

16. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Of course yes. Please check your mailbox, redribbon. :D

17. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    #37 Wicked8146, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    I'm on level 25. I did cheat on the hacker level though.

OK, I have figured out what seems to be a bug. If you tap on the name of the level while playing the level, the game freezes. This happened on levels 5, 24 and 25 for me. Possibly more.

18. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Spent 30 minutes on level 5 and stopped. Too frustrated. I clicked the entire screen . Swiped the entire screen every way possible, typed codes

19. antony.thai

Wow! Very impressive even when you faced trouble with hacker level though.

Thanks for letting know about the bug! Can you lets me know which is the device that you're currently using?

How do you feel after going through that amount of levels? Are you enjoy the puzzlers so far?

20. antony.thai

:( Is there any bug that prevent you from playing this level? I think that this level will need to be placed a little later in the game, showing it too soon is not a good idea in fact. :(