Universal Ulterior (by Pine Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by antony.thai, May 18, 2016.

1. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    What procedure did you have in mind? I literally couldn't get any to recognize the code as part of a screenshot.

I really would recommend sticking with puzzles that can be solved with default phone capabilities anyway.

2. Jamie84303

Jamie84303 Active Member

Oct 15, 2014
    For anybody having issues with qr readers. This one is tried and tested by myself: QR Reader for iPhone by TapMedia Ltd
    https://appsto.re/gb/rGS9v.i It's free, too. Qr readers were a trending search on the UK App Store recently, which I found amusing, wondering if people had an Ulterior motive :p

Also, to anybody, stuck. AppUnwrapper has made walkthrough guides for this game. One link can be found earlier in the thread.

3. James Cameron

James Cameron Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Level 40 has me beat. Can't read it even after fine tuning

4. James Cameron

James Cameron Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Edit: got it now

5. geoelectric

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    #45 geoelectric, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    This is where I feel there is a disconnect. That app doesn't scan from screenshot saved in Photo Library, only live from camera.

I think it's bad enough I have to find a third party QR app, but I'll be damned if I scan one phone from another phone.

If this can't work from *loading a saved screenshot of the phone into an app on that same phone* then it doesn't even meet the minimum. And that's where I had to heavily modify a screenshot to work because no app would read it.

It probably works from camera because when it sweeps focus the dots blur into blocks, same way I had to do in Pixelmator artificially. You can't make a valid QR code out of large dots otherwise.

Either way, it's a broken puzzle. It's the only one out of 51 that can't be solved with what you have when you start the game. It was a mistake.

6. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Dear all,

While making level 15, Ulterior is tested with top QR Code readers in the Apple App Store. But somehow we can’t tested them all, we will try to improve Ulterior in our next update. For now, can you please try with another readers likes QR Reader for iPhone (from TapMedia Ltd), QR Code Reader & Barcode Scanner (from MixerBox) they’re the best in the iOS for now.

7. geoelectric

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Andre,

I feel like you're simply not replying to my direct question.

Are you expecting us to scan one phone screen from another phone?

I just tried your second app. "a barcode could not be found in image". That was true even on the version I isolated a zoomed QR and flipped to black on white, as well as a simple saved screenshot. The first app does not allow scanning from a saved image at all.

That leads me to believe you actually tested this by reading one phone with another phone's camera, and are now trying to tell us that the problem is we used the wrong software.

The problem is nobody will scan one phone with another phone.

I mean, FFS, after spending money on your app and then spending inordinate amounts of time both solving the problem and trying to articulate the issue clearly, it's pretty damned frustrating that this is your response.

8. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    @geoelectric: when we tested level 15, we asked other players to use their device to test the game with us, and it's OK. We didn't think more about your issue "The problem is nobody will scan one phone with another phone." I'm sorry about it...

9. Jamie84303

Jamie84303 Active Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Maybe you could replace level 15? Or if you know of a free qr code scanner that will scan screenshots, link it in the description? I was able to use one with my iPad, but understand not everybody has access to more than one device.

More levels, please :p

10. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Talk about yourself. I would. And in fact did.

It is not possible that you don't know anyone that has a cellphone and could scan the image.

Level 15 is nice as it is.

11. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Will the testers names go into the next update?
    Also I love the challenging levels. The hints are especially awesome.
    I'm still promoting this game on my Twitter and at work.
    Best challenge I've ever had . Best puzzle game ever

12. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #52 Dankrio, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    I really liked the game, but level 50 is unfair. Not hard. Just plain unfair. After 2 months I finally gave up and searched a walkthrough on the internet.

Edit: now I get the logic.