iPad ugh.....CUBE questions~!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by MasonFried123, Nov 19, 2008.

1. MasonFried123

MasonFried123 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Alright so i downloaded cube and so far a HUGE step up in apples gaming iphone/ipod touch. But Cube is has EXTREMEMLY SLOW gameplay and every mabey 10 steps you take it says "Loading Image..." does this happen to anyone else? And I really hope that there will be an update in the future...
    Comments much appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Every 10 steps, you're lucky. Was loading image every 3 steps for me!
    It's already been removed from my Touch. Totally unplayable at this moment.
    It's a demo, that's all it is, and not a really good demo in my opinion.
    Needs huge updates to make this worthwhile

3. Newton1221

Newton1221 Member

Nov 13, 2008
    im hearing mixed reviews from various people, personally it runs really good on my ipod, some maps better than others but overall i would say nothin below average on framerate, i think some people didnt reboot there ipods good, or they try out enough of the maps, the DMSP maps seem to work better, the game is fun, its not perfect, its worth keeping on your ipod just for the depth, i would keep messing with it, its really good actually

4. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    y have i not found anything to shoot yet????????????? It seems really cool but so far i can't see anything to shoot.

5. mek

mek Well-Known Member

you have to click the menu
    and load a single player game

6. pserv1313

pserv1313 New Member

Nov 20, 2008
    another question...

Out of curiosity. has anyone figured out how to connect two iphones on the same network for multiplayer. any help is appreciated.

7. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I tried and it locked up on me. Anyone who says this is playable at 6fps (if that) is crazy! I want to see screenshots if you think you're getting anything near 25fps...

It's great graphics and singleplayer is fun, but like the dev said, it's more of a beta showcasing the iPhone's potential..

the update should definitely help though!

8. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I onlt get around 9 fps normally... but in the map with no monsters, the most I had was in the 20s or so fps. (Of course, no enemies, so pointless...) Waiting for update to compress the game and make it faster.

9. Fubit86

Fubit86 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    I have a jailbroken 1st gen that is usually much glitchier and slower than my friends non-jailbroken itouch (Also 1st gen), yet the funny part is that even with monsters i usually get around 15-23 FPS. and i only have 700 mb of free space :) lucky me

10. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    That's awesome, what is your friend with the non-jailbroken touch getting for fps, out of curiosity?

11. MasonFried123

MasonFried123 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    I actually reached 24!!!

12. Fubit86

Fubit86 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    He doesn't have cube.....his touch is just generally less glitchy and typically loads things faster

13. billvsjoe

billvsjoe Member

Sep 11, 2008
    ok i got cube and its alot of fun and it says loading image 1 time every time i go into a new room its not slow for me and 2player is alot of fun and nothings gone rong for me. witch is awsom

14. NJPodder

NJPodder Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Yeah I don';t know what you people are talking about. I installed it on my first gen iPhone and now only have less than 100 MB free space, and the game runs very very smoothly for me. A bit of slowdown here and there, but not more than I would expect for the first release of a tech demo. Barely noticeable.

15. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    @ OP:
    This game is a complete waste of memory, do what i did and delete it from ur ipod/iphone AND itunes. Make sure u empty the recycle bin too, u don't want that crap anywhere near ur stuff...

16. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    #16 Haephestos, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
    Personally I like cube. The multiplayer does not work at the moment because there are not any servers with the right build version. The next patch will reduce the amount of times you will see "loading images" as it is going to compress the textures. It will also optimize the AI.
    I hope the next patch will include a revamp to the editing controls, add options to customize where the buttons are, add in a virtual D-pad and and accelerometer calibrate button.

Edit: I also hope they add an option to turn off the music.

17. billvsjoe

billvsjoe Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Cube a awsome single player is fun but I like 2 player better my ipod (jail break)is 25-35 fps I get the image thing 1ce and it's not slow

18. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    the scoop on cube

Here we go:
    Cube is an amazing game, and shows me the possibilities with the iPhone. It is a great start to fps games. DO NOT PLAY ONE LEVEL AND GIVE THE GAME UP, LIKE I ALMOST DID. SOME OF THE LEVELS ARE VERY GLITCHY AND STUTTERY, BUT MOST OF THEM ARE NOT. SOME LEVELS HAVE MORE MONSTERS THAN OTHERS. I AM IN AWE THAT THIS GAME IS FREE. I WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY IF I PAYED FOR IT. A few suggestioins for an update: Put in aa sensitivity setting for aiming, right now it is kinda fast. Also put an option to invert the controls. Finally, delete or fix the glitchy/stuttery levels. Thank you so much dev, I am so excited that I got this high quality game for free(graphics are amazing by the way).

19. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

Yeah, before i download the game i already know it's not going to be perfect or have the same feeling as playing on your pc. I'm just happy that I can play cube on my iphone. I played it at home and at work. I have the pc version but didn't really play it. But, i've been playing the iphone version and although the frame rate and controls are a little off but i just learn to adapt and tried out the single player and go through all the level. Can't back up or strafe? No D-pad etc? No, biggie! I just adapt and move around and shoot everything! LoL!

Who says playing cube on the iphone wasn't fun?

But, if the dev bother to updates then it's going to be much better. Can't wait for quake or other FPS. I'm craving here ..need ..to ..shoot ...something ..heee..

:cool:

20. davidmdowning42

davidmdowning42 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2008
    I thought somebody already said this, but the DMSP levels work much better than the SP levels. I don't know why. I don't even know what DM stands for. All I know is they work pretty good, much better than the SP ones. And this is in my 8GB 1st gen ipod touch with only 293MB free. For sure more enemies = slower framerate, but on these levels it never gets to where I'd call it unplayable.

Maybe I'm forgiving because I did most of my FPS playing back in the day on my Mac Perfroma. Not exctly an ideal gaming machine. When I played Dark Forces, I used to think of the slowing framerates which accomanied appraoching enemies as "feeling the force."