U.S Accounts

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by iSwiss, Mar 23, 2009.

1. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    A thread for people who don't live in the USA.

I am looking forward to an U.S Account but i'm not sure about the consequenzes.

Will apple delete also my legal Account if they find out my Fake Account?
    Will i get any other problems? e.g i must give them money?

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    This should be in the lounge.

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    My opinion, Apple can't efficiently keep up with the data maintanence it is currently involved with, let alone things as trivial and obscure as accts. with a rougue residency listing. So, I'd say be a rebel, live life on the edge, and break this rule if you'd like w/o fear of repercussions by the Apple Gestapo.:p

4. Vikram

Vikram Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    You can create an U.S account but you'll only be able to download free apps and use redeem codes. Here's how:
    1. Go To iTunes store
    2. Switch country to USA in the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page
    3. Go to top free apps section
    4. Click 'get app' on one of the free apps
    5. It will ask for your account info. Click 'create new account'
    6. While proceeding through the creation, you can click 'none' for the payment option
    7. For the address, give the address of one of the Apple Retail Stores :)P)
    8. Your account is created!

Note: If you don't create the account by going to the free apps section you won't get the 'none' option for payment method.

5. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    For me, this is what happened:

I had only a few apps on the US account (those I got from promo codes). On my Dutch account, I had around 250 apps at that time (some paid, some Lite, and some simply free).

What would happen, is that I could only see the updates for my Dutch account, when there was also an update for the US account. And since I only had a few games on the US account, it could take a week (or two) before I could see updates for my Dutch account again. Sometimes it helped to remove all apps from iTunes and then re-import them from the local folder where they were stored, but not at all times.

So in the end I removed the US apps, unauthorized my PC for that account, and setup my iPod Touch as new. I had to replay all my games which took a while, but it made the replay value a lot better. ;)

This may not happen to you, but it might. So be careful.

6. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Me i have now an US Acc.

What could i do that it not happend to me, that i can only see the US Updates?

Now i could see only the swiss updates and thats good.

7. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    I'm not sure how you can prevent it from happening.

Oh and one more thing: if you're signed in to the US account when syncing your device, your iPhone/iPod Touch will also only have access to the US store. If you set iTunes to the Swiss account and sync again, your iPhone/iPod Touch will also be set to the Swiss account again.

8. iGewappnet

iGewappnet Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Mainz, Germany
    You can buy everything with US iTunes gift cards. Just buy these cards via eBay or on your next trip to the USA.

9. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    Be careful with buying cards off of eBay. There are illegal cards being sold there and if Apple finds out, they can (b)lock your account. And in that case, there ARE stories about that happening to people. (I remember it being discussed here a few weeks/months back)

If Apple finds out that cards have been stolen or created/bought using a fake credit card, they can find out which cards that were, and also which account used them. (At least, that's what I've read. I have no first hand experience here.)

10. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Could Apple punish me with a penalty if they find out my U.S Account?

Or could they blocke my legal Account?

11. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    I don't know. :confused:

12. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Not sure:S

Does anybody knows it?

13. Hell_Gamer98

Hell_Gamer98 Well-Known Member

Can I type in an invalid email-adress? Course all my email adresses are in use:p

14. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    no you can't

Could anyone answer my question above?

15. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    I would be very pleased if someone could read for me the Termes of Rules of iTunes and tell me if they could give me a penalty(they want money), when they find out that i have an illegal account?

thanks

16. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
  17. iTunes Store Terms of Sale

Specifically the very first point:

As to what they can do, the iTunes Store Terms of Service section 15a states:

Now, this only applies to downloading content for sale within the US only from outside the US, such as downloading Wolf3D in Germany, or anywhere else it is not available. This does not specifically govern creating US iTunes accounts from outside the US, and I can find no explicit information that covers this, so it's reasonable to assume you cannot lose your US account just because you don't live in the US. It's only if you explicitly violate the TOS that the possibility arises, and then only for that TOS violation.

18. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    So that means, that i cant loose my account??

That means that i don't have to pay the apps i have loaded illegal?