Types of Game Center achievements

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by negativetwelve, Oct 28, 2010.

1. negativetwelve

Oct 21, 2010
    #1 negativetwelve, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
    So i've been pretty addicted to game center lately and I noticed that, yes, we do have a thread listing quite of few game center games, but we do not know how many achievements those games have, nor how hard or how easy such achievements are.

So I was thinking we could start a thread that lists all of the game center apps with the most achievements, the easiest achievements, and the ones that give you the most satisfaction because they are the hardest achievements.

This would allow both inexperienced and experienced achievement whores to lock down on which games they should or should not spend their time playing. So, go ahead, post you favorite achievements and let the achievement earning begin. My GC name is my username: negativetwelve

2. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    A good game requires a mix of easy and difficult achievements, just so that everyone has something to aim for, but only the most dedicated can get all of them.

Stuff like "completed level 1, completed level 2... etc" is just boring. I like it when devs get creative and go for some silly achievements, for example in all of HalfBrick's games there are some creative achievements that aren't easy to get but make the game fun.

3. negativetwelve

Oct 21, 2010
    I agree. Some games such as Angry Birds and Monster Dash have achievements that almost everyone earns as long as you play the game long enough. (ex. 5000 wooden boards smashed, or 41km run, etc.)

4. Shebby289

Shebby289 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I love achievements, especially in high score games. It adds so much more longevity to it. I think Halfbrick games like Fruit Ninja and Monster Dash in particular nails this. The satisfaction of unlocking those difficult achievements is priceless. To be honest, I'm not the best of gamers, so online global leaderboards is pretty much just a reminder of how bad I am at the game. The other game that utilises achievements really well would be Tilt to Live, simply because it has a great sense of humour.

In that respect, I always can't help but feel Minigore should have done better in the achievements department.. As it stands, the achievements unlocked are just plain boring! (2 of which even requires you to purchase the DLC) Then again, Minigore has been underachieving (see what I did there?) for very long anyway so yeah..

Bottom line, achievements are awesome! I love the idea of being able to show off achievements even 10 years after I've unlocked them.

5. negativetwelve

Oct 21, 2010
    Okay so going with my original post, here's the beginning of the list I am going to make

Most Achievements
    -Pocket Frogs (68)
    -Tappi Bear All in 1 (65)
    -Archetype (62)

Easiest
    -Millionaire City
    -Cut the Rope (to a degree)
    -all Air Hockey games

Most Satisfying
    -Angry Birds (I havent managed to get 3 stars on all the levels yet and I already started Angry Birds Halloween :D)
    -Fieldrunners
    -Shady Puzzle

Methodical (check once in a while, over time you will get the achievements)
    -Farm Story
    -City Story
    -iMobsters
    -World War

Games that if you play a lot, you will get a majority of the achievements eventually
    -Monster Dash (has a lot with "total of...")
    -Angry Birds (unlock this, finish world, smash certain amount of..)

6. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Good thread. When I first got Game Center I lamented the fact that points for achievements weren't displayed on player's profiles, then I realized the disparity of various games' total points. Some games have 10 achievements for total 900 points, some have 45 achievements for 90 total points etc. I want a standard dammit. Like 1000 points for each game a la XBL. Who's with me. ;)

7. negativetwelve

Oct 21, 2010
    You would have thought they'd learn from Openfeint huh?

8. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Hey negativetwelve, I've seen you around on Game Center. Your up there in the achievement total count :)

9. negativetwelve

Oct 21, 2010
    Haha, actually Zincous, I've been using you as my guideline!