Universal Type:Rider - (by Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 9, 2013.

1. No, haven't tried those, but Duet will be better than either of those.

But typerider is an excellent game too, just not ad addictive, but wow, this game is pretty and original.

Come back and let us know which you like better.

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I love kami but its totally different to duet, kami is relaxed and you can take your time so no pressure where as duet is more fast paced.

I've also been eying up the harmony one, lemme know what you think if you end up purchasing.

I would say if you can afford to then buy duet and one of the other two as it looks like harmony and kami are both slower more relaxing games.

But if you can only have one my vote is with duet.

3. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Don't know if it got an update but I've gone through 3 levels and no more crashing...boy am I not complaining lol.

4. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I tried about two hours ago and gave up at the 6th crash on Garamond :(

5. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I've read a few different places now that people were frustrated, and not pleased with the uneven [sic] "floaty physics".
    I have not noticed anything like this. The physics do change in various areas of the game, but these changes are purposeful and represent different areas the game is taking you.
    For instance, during the Free Press Movement area your Colon (did I really just type that?) does get floaty and the physics are completely different than what they were before. This is a metaphor, and represents the ideas of the Free Press Movement. It does this in an attempt to give the player the feeling of not being held back by the normal rules, and it coincides with a particularly psychedelic part of the game.

6. cosmografik

cosmografik New Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Hi TouchArcade forum ! I'm Cosmografik the creator of tType:Rider. All the posts you made here are very precious to us, and we are very proud of Type:Rider and we take a special attention to gamer's feedbacks !

•• •• •• •• ••
    A quick answer about the crashs some of you have found on iOS 7 for iPad mini or iPhone. You can change the QUALITY SETTINGS (in the first book) and it will work fine after that. No more crashes.
    •• •• •• •• ••

IOS 7 is a little bit heavy for older devices, we hope this problem didn't change your mind about the game :) Don't hesite to post a comment and rate it on the AppStore and Google Play is you liked it ! ••

From Paris with love,

Cosmografik

7. Cosmo,

You made a great game. Thanks.

8. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

9. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #109 Lazer Kat, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    First of all Cosmografik, thank you. This game is special. It stands out in a crowded market as something worthwhile. In today's game market where the trilogy is the norm and "recycling" cliches and tired ideas are expected, it is refreshing and rare to have the pleasure of playing a truly original game. This is it. Sure the gameplay is reminiscent of others, but overall this game is nothing like anything that came before it. Great job on the entire package, from the idea to the gameplay to the graphics to the soundtrack.

Second of all - unfortunately it isn't just iOS7.
    I am also experiencing crashes on iOS 6.X using an iPad 2 and iPad 4.

I get several random crashes, but if this helps any, I get a crash pretty much every time I pause the game for more than a few seconds.

10. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Hi,cool game and well done on all the great reviews.

Thanks for the tip but I've already tried this,I've set to all three quality settings and there does not seem to be a difference in the crashing, every time I get to the end of Garamond it crahes and I have to start from the burning books part again.

I've given up for now and will come back to it when there is an update.

Again congrats.

11. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

It seems like you are one of the few having a problem. Doesn't mean you don't have one, but it would be wise to try and troubleshoot a bit more.

Some of the steps you should look into:

Uninstall then reinstalled.

Hard reboot your phone before and after installing, and prior to playing.

Try playing with airplane mode "On".

For the hell of it, reset (if you can) your network settings. You'll need to reconnect to your saved wifi hotspots, but it will otherwise not be an issue.

Also, try looking at your device to see if you've got anything outside of the "norm" (North America, English language, etc.) as sometimes it's a little problem like system language or whatever that cause irregular crashes.

I suggest posting here as it might help those who are in similar situations.

This is a stellar game that everyone deserves to enjoy. I do fear that this won't do well enough justify its price point, but even if it drops, this is an amazing game that really kicks ass.

12. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've done the uninstall reinstall several times, making sure all other apps are closed down without any difference
    Also done the reboot thing without ant joy..

Not tried the other stuff you mentioned so will try them today, I don't use wifi on my iPad, I connect with my simcard, resetting network connections won't mess with that will it?

Thanks for help, it is obvious that apart from the crashing it's an amazing and unique title that a lot of work and thought has gone too, I won't leave negative reviews over this as I'm hopefull it will be fixed at some point and there were a lot of great titles released at the same time so I can work on those while I wait.

I'll post back how I get on with your suggestions thanks.

13. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #113 Lazer Kat, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013

We are not "the few having the problem".
    If you look at the comments, review here, other places, and all of the App Store reviews we are ALL getting the same issues.

Sadly, I have to inform you the issue is not with our device, it is a bug within the game.
    We all get the same crashes in the same areas, regardless of iOS version or device.

Personally I've used it on iPad 2 and 4, and I get the same crashes on each.

If this amazing game isn't successful hopefully Cosmo will learn from his obvious mistake -
    The attention to detail they have shown throughout the game needs to also be placed in beta testing.

14. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Just popping back to say I tried the other items suggested and nothing has changed. I think I'll cry if I have to play through Garamond one more time. I'm gonna assume it's the game and not my device.

I had trouble with cardboard castle which I purchased a few days ago, none of the menus worked so I emailed bulkypix again with this problem, and the reply they sent was identical to the one about type riders, saying they are aware of the incompatibility with iOS 7 and an update will come soon, now I'm worried that it's just a standard reply and an update might not be imminent. Hope I'm wrong though.

15. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I've played this on an iPhone 5 and iPad 4, have never experienced a single crash. So maybe it is more than I realized, but it's far from everyone.

I'd be interested in hearing what Cosmo has to say about this.

Is everyone running iOS 7.0.2?

16. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    My mini has latest iOS and my daughters iPad still has iOS 6 and both have the same problem, granted it's not as frequent on the ipad2 but it's crashing too much to be enjoyable.

17. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Again, my mini has crashed 20 some odd times, but thankfully I finally just beat the game.

18. Vincenzo78140

Vincenzo78140 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    Hi!

It seems we had a little bug with our customer support software.
    There was an automatic acknowledgement email sent to people writing about the iOS 7 issues with Pendulo Studios' games (except Yesterday that runs fine) and only these games...

Sorry for that. The issue has normally been fixed.
    Now that Runaway 2: The Dream of the Turtle Part. 1 is out (well in New Zealand at least: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3001880#post3001880) updates are coming ASAP as Pendulo can now fully focus on them.

Thanks for the feedback!

And thank you all for your comments on Type:Rider.
    It continuously keeps us motivated to bring you good games.

19. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    "iPad mini bug fix"?
    What about the crashes on every other device?

20. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    See there is an update for the iPad mini, I'll have to update tomorrow when I'm on wifi but I so hope it resolves the crashing and I look forward to playing.

Also fingers crossed that a fix comes for the other devices having problems very soon.