Universal Type:Rider - (by Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 9, 2013.

1. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Anyone else having frame rate issues?

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

The game is definitely designed with PC in mind, because you can change the quality in the settings. It was very laggy for me on Fast, but I switched to Good and now the game plays smoothly.

So try that

3. Max0809

Max0809 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    #63 Max0809, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    What is the installed size ?

Also, with a Iphone 5s and ios 7.2, does it have a good framerate ?

4. Bronxsta

526 MB installed

Not sure about 5s, I'm playing on iPhone 4

5. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Yep, I'm on the latest iPod Touch. I tried changing the visuals to the fastest setting but it didn't help at all.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Absolutely loving this game. It's an artistic masterpiece, enjoyable platformer with excellent controls and educational all at the same time.

If I only had one minor complaint, it's that there's so much information thrown at you regarding the history of typography that it sometimes feels like it disrupts the flow of the game. I "died" once following a point where I opened the information I unlocked and when I resumed, fell to my death.

I'm starting to think that it may be more enjoyable to go through the different eras and then go back and read more about each of them.

But overall, it's going to make choosing a GoTW all that more difficult.

7. Nope, working pretty good on my ipad 3.

8. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    How long is this game and how does it run on iPod 5

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah it runs on ipod 5, practically every game will run on ipod 5th gen, its the 4th gen which has issues.

10. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Hmm, looks great....might pick it up!
    Does it have GC achievements? If so, how many?

11. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Impressions -
    First of all I'm getting some crashes - iPad 2 & iPad 4, iOS 6.x.
    Any time I pause the game for more than a few seconds...crash.
    Random crash.

Now that's out of the way...this is one of the best gaming experiences of my life.
    It's brilliant.

12. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk

I get the same on the ipad2 (ios6)also, thought I'd try it there after not being able to play on the mini (ios7). I'm itching to get stuck into this so hope it's fixed soon.

13. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #73 Lazer Kat, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
    The crashes haven't affected me playing. They're not that often. I've beaten the game (besides the secret comic level at the end).

This game is art. The gameplay around the free press asterisk is the best experience in gaming I've ever had, period.

14. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I could play it on the ipad2. As like you say its not constant but it's my daughters and she would be pestering me for it back every five mins, on the mini though it crashes often and that's if it even loads up, I guess there's no big rush as I've got half a dozen good games this week so plenty to keep me busy.

How many hours did it take you to beat?

15. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Love the game, crashes more often on the iPad mini than on the 4S. I hope for an update soon because this is otherwise a superb game.

16. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Idk exactly, but Ive probably spent ~ 6 hours woth it. I still have a few asterisks to go back and nab, and I still haven't beaten the frustratingly difficult bonus hidden level.

The iPad 2 and the mini have the same internals.,.so if you're running the same OS on each device I wonder why one works and the other doesn't?

17. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Nightsky and Limbo are two of my favorite games on any platform.
    This IS better.

18. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    It's not the same iOS, I didnt upgrade the ipad2 so it's still on ios6, thought I'd mentioned that, sorry, managed to complete the gothic levels today on the mini before the app crashed, it won't load again now, loved what I did play though, I'm just gonna be patient and wait for an update.

19. Bronxsta

I'm still working my way through Garamond and nothing has struck as better than those games yet. It really does surpass those games? They're some of my favorites as well so I just find that hard to believe

20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I can see the Night Sky comparisons, but to me Limbo - aside from the graphical ambience - is a completely different and can't really be compared. Different types of puzzles, etc.

Night Sky is a better fit, and, in that respect, I would say this is better.