Universal Type:Rider - (by Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#21 Bronxsta, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    Only watched the first two minutes and I already sold. Well I was already, now I'm more sold.

Simple touch controls, lovely atmosphere, cool historic info (I'm a history buff), great presentation...

Only thing, the levels seem short, but that could because it's still a tutorial area. Hopefully EP will be back with impressions on length and stuff like that

2. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Sanuku's vid double-sold me. Love playin' and learnin' at the same time.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Forget iOS, forget Android (picked this up on that)...this may very well be one of the greatest games I have ever played on anything. Yes, the LIMBO and NightSky influence is there and Type:Rider does the whole puzzle-platformer thing just as well, if not better than them. All 3 control types are spot on, the physics are perfect, the music is outstanding, the backdrops are jaw-droppingly gorgeous, and yeah...you're ****ing learning and playing at the same time!!!

Hands-down my favorite Bulkypix release (sorry Pix'n Love Rush!) ever!

4. Bronxsta

Now this is some incredible praise. Better than Limbo? Or Nightsky? Better than some of the other puzzle platformers on PC?

Are you able to talk about anything more with spoiling any puzzles? I want to find out for myself but am very very intrigued after these impressions. Also how is the length so far?

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    ....and sold!

6. Well, I was impressed by Limbo when I played it on the weekend, sounds like I need this game

7. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Damn Casket, another expensive night, lol.

8. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Casket: Calm down and stop spending my monies.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Be thankful you're on iOS! If you were on Android, you'd be spending more!!! :p

Worth every single extra buck...or cent...or whatever. :D

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    LOL. Even though my bank account is in the sh**er, I think I may dig through the couch cushions for the extra $.65 for this.

11. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Glad to see that Arte's first foray in iOS gaming is a success! Insta-Buying it as soon as I wake up tomorrow!

12. PVBroadz

PVBroadz New Member

Oct 1, 2013
    I think this game looks great! Gonna download in a bit... :D

13. Bronxsta

Was hoping for some more elaboration from MC after those incredible impressions
    Still find it hard to believe it's that amazing

14. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    This just looks stunning. Nightsky is one of my favorite iOS games (and games in general) of all time. This definitely has that vibe. I love games that nail atmosphere, and this looks like it does just that.

15. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    ... play as an umlaut ... Thät mädë më läügh. I dont know why but it just sounds funny.
    It looks incredibly beautiful with these moving backgrounds.
    How is core game play? It doesn't seem to be too much about challenging game play here, but I really like to be mistaken to have an excuse to buy it :)

16. Bronxsta

Well MC say it's a better puzzle platformer than Limbo and Nightsky. That seems unlikely, but I hope I'm totally surprised. I'm most excited about this for the atmosphere and whole typography aesthetic. That's literally something I've never seen before in a game

17. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

May 21, 2011
    What are some other games you put up there along with Type:Rider? Besides Night Sky and Limbo.

18. LN3000

LN3000 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    TARDIS
    I love NightSky, and this screams "NightSky", so I'm kind of weary that it might be too similar. Is there enough unique about this game compared to NightSky?

19. Bronxsta

This game is obviously coming to PC. Quality options for Fast, Good, Fantastic is such a PC thing. Had extreme lag on iPhone 4 on Fast Quality, but plays fine on Good