Universal Type II (by Stepan Mynarik)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by solarnya, Aug 16, 2019.

1. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan

Type II

Stepan Mynarik
    Take control of an automated defense systems protecting planets 40 light years away from Earth. Type II refers to Type I…
    $5.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Take control of an automated defense systems protecting planets 40 light years away from Earth. Type II refers to Type II civilization on a Kardashev scale. Type II LITE version featuring first few levels of the game is available for FREE here https://apps.apple.com/us/app/type-ii-lite/id1479295348?ls=1 GAMEPLAY > Lay out your strategy at the beginning of each enemy wave > Deploy defensive towers > Dive into the rail mounted MK-614t, the most destructive turret ever built by mankind > Protect the objective by all means! FEATURES > Uncommon mix of genres - First-Person Shooter with Tower Defense Strategy elements > 3 worlds filled with unique, handcrafted levels > Multiple weapons with alternate fire modes, each suited for specific scenarios > Multiple automated defense towers to aid you in the heat of battle > Various enemy types requiring various tactic approaches > Epic BOSS battles > Amazing 3D graphics > 60+ FPS ready! > Comfortable single joystick controls > Controller support! > Rating system based on mission specific optional challenges raising the difficulty > Achievements (Game Center login required) > Cloud based robust auto-save system (Game Center login required) > Beefy options PAY ONCE, PLAY FREELY! There are no NO IAPs and NO ADS in the game. #playfreely You can subscribe to our newsletter (http://scorchgamestudio.com) and get the important news!
    Information
    Seller:Stepan Mynarik
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Aug 17, 2019
    Updated:May 24, 2020
    Version:1.1.5
    Size:425.1 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scorchgamestudio.type2
    App Store:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/type-ii/id1471767851

Trailer:

2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Not out in the US yet. Probably will have to wait until 11 EST.

But looks awesome. Was there a Type I?

solarnya likes this.
  3. solarnya

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    #3 solarnya, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    I've played this game for several minutes.
    It's the FPS game including Tower Defense elements as they announced!

This game is basically FPS.
    And the turrets help enemies' invasion, that's TD elements.

There is something like rail and you can change place where you aim and I like this action very much!

No cloud sync so far it seems.
    I haven't tried MFi.

Control is a bit difficult.
    It has static D pad on the left side.
    I hope relative control.
    EDIT: There were options to change control types from static to relative.

However it's really fun trigger happy game!

I've recorded a video.
    Hope it helps!

anthony78 likes this.
  4. solarnya

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    Not sure there is Type I.

On Type II, graphic and play feel is really good.
    I just tried to record short gameplay.
    I played a bit I felt, I've found 25 mins elapsed lol.

Please check my video :)

anthony78 likes this.
  5. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Pre-ordered and waiting to get it downloaded!!

solarnya likes this.
  6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Whoa, that’ll teach me to ignore a thread based on the title of game. Between this and Witcheye it’s awesome to see genres being blended to form unique game concepts this week. Bought and downloading!

raravan and solarnya like this.
  7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I know the devs are active on the forums so hopefully they come across this thread. Everything's great so far, but it must be noted that sliding down both the music and SFX sliders doesn't entirely mute all sounds. Moving around your turret still makes quite a bit of noise. :p

8. Luchee

Luchee Active Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Female
    Thanks for highlighting us! I've just came here to make a new thread and here it is :D
    We are so honored to read that you are enjoying it so far...
    And thanks for the video, that's amazing!
    We have added controller support, improved player controls and now we are working on cloud synchronization, we didn't make the last one on time :)

solarnya likes this.
  9. Luchee

Luchee Active Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Female
    Thanks! There was no Type I, name of the game - Type II - refers to Type II civilization on a Kardashev scale.

solarnya likes this.
  10. Luchee

Luchee Active Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Female
    Thank you! We are so curios to find out what you guys think of it :)

11. solarnya

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    Edit: Sorry I misunderstood

12. solarnya

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    That's awesome!
    I instantly reinstlled Type II on my iPad
    Recently, many great apps upcoming but they don’t support cloud sync..

13. Luchee

Luchee Active Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Female
    Edit: Oh, I've tried to make my responses more clear and multi quote, but it seems you can't delete your posts here... Never mind :D

14. Luchee

Luchee Active Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Female
    Yeah, we are so excited that we offer iPad compatibility as well! It should look and feel real good there! Regarding cloud sync - it will be added right in the next update :)

solarnya likes this.
  15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #15 Nullzone, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    @Luchee : Bonus points for the Kardashev Scale reference ;)
    That said, any hints for World 3 Stage 19? No matter what I try, I always get overwhelmed by the Healer & Shield combo swarms. Sometimes as early as wave 1 :(
    I tried every tower combination I could come up with, just don't have enough firepower to get all of those combos.

UPDATE: Just won that stage. Lost both Gates and Tower was down to 6/10, nowhere near a 3-star victory.
    Comboing a few Freeze with Mortars almost everywhere did the trick.

16. Luchee

Luchee Active Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Female
    #16 Luchee, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Hi, I am here with some tips. I am quite late to the game - haha, but they might be useful later in game anyway. GJ that you've beaten the level! Not an easy one, huh?

"Don't get offended" warning:
    Some of the tips below are clear from the very beginning for you and others I am sure! Just skip the obvious ones please :)

There are multiple strategies you may want to try. First thing to be aware is that shielder units have less HP than healer, so when dealing with H+S combo, always try to destroy shielder first. Secondary fire of each weapon have enough firepower to kill shielder from 100 to 0 in one blow or close to (in case of laser) with varying degree of difficulty.

Grenades - try to split them right before they impact shielder, total damage of all fragments is higher than non-split explosion. Think of it like being hit by shotgun from point blank range.

TV missile - just hit it, there is nothing more to it :)

Energy Orbs + Laser - this one can be little bit tricky. Laser damage is increasing with heat and is most powerful right before overheating, powerful that it can damage even units under healing effect. If you fire your energy orbs, you can bring shielder near death and then finish him off with laser, but you need to be careful not to overheat it. Just cycle on and off and try to stay at maximum damage.

One more strategy you can try to use are Gauss towers and mortars. Gauss can annihilate shielder in one hit. While mortar seems like doing nothing to healed units it actually negate the heal effect, so you are able to damage them with you normal weapons. Mortar tower rate of fire is not enough usually to keep the effect permanent, but it can open window of opportunity.

Nullzone, raravan and Lull4by like this.
  17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Luchee : Thanks a lot for the great tips, very much appreciated!

Hhmm, I'm quite sure you originally had a sentence in there about me having completed the game by beating 3.19 . Ah well, wish it were so, 2 more to go. And 3.20 is giving me even more trouble than the one before it. Finally made it to wave 4, only to get totally swarmed from 3 directions at once :(
    Would welcome some specific tips for turret setup.

By the way: A Shielder and Healer close together CAN survive a TVmissile hit, really not what you want to see. I assume I didn't hit them dead on, and that the peripheral blast damage is lower then when e.g. the missile impacts directly on the Shielder's front window.

As for the Grenades: Can you add an autoaim / fire-and-forget option for those? E.g. mark a target spot on the ground, and as long as you fire them off in the right direction, they'll auto-explode when in range. I totally suck at aiming them, even at point blank range. Anything further out than - estimated - 10 Shielder's length I find completely impossible to target with them.

Stuff like the Mortar Tower preventing healing and the Laser doing more damage in the redzone you should explain ingame. Same goes for the enemy unit stats, add a compendium? I didn't know any of what you mentioned.

And a specific improvement request:
    Can you make the leftside joystick free-floating instead of fixed position.
    On my big 2017 iPad Pro the position is really awkward, I have to overstretch my hand or assume other uncomfortable positions.
    For comparison, that's my natural thumb position when holding my iPad, pretty much near the centerline.
    And two pictures showing my hand with the joystick moved all left and all right. Especially the "all right" pic shows the tension on my tendons and hand in general; not exactly comfortable, I can assure you.

Also, it would be nice if the view rotation left/right would be faster with the stick all the way out left or right. Right now, turning half or full circle to check for enemies just takes a bit too long.

Attached Files:

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Oh, and another question:
    Does the Mortar Tower effect stack? I.e. enemy gets hit by 3 mortar tower salvos, does he then suffer from 3x the DoT effect?

19. NewZealand

NewZealand Active Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Really disappointing, a premium game that doesn't support full screen on a IPad pro 2018!!!

20. Luchee

Luchee Active Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Female
    Yes, you are right, I've edited my comment :)

Thank you for being such a dedicated player of our game! You have some great points there and we are already aware of some of the issues you are mentioning. That being said we are not yet sure if we wan't to "fix" all of them, because aim of this game was to be a little bit hardcore, so discovery trough observation was intended as a part of the gameplay.

For joystick - there are three options in menu, so you can set it up to your liking. Default is fixed, but it can spawn under your finger. We have already bumped up the rotation speed and added acceleration near the action radius edge, as it was a common complaint during our beta testing. It was added in the last update on android and already out on launch version for iOS. This is something we are still collecting feedback on and it could very likely be part of our future updates, because we would like the controls to feel as good as it can.

All explosions in game have damage falloff. If you are trying to hit more units with TV missile it's always a trade-off or a risk.

As for the grenades - we are thinking about adding more tutorial or possibly a practice shooting range in future updates. We will probably not make them easier to control, since we are 100% skill shot based game. Apart from towers there is no aim assist or help of any kind.

Mortar tower DOTs do not stack. It would be absolutely broken. Additional hits are resetting the duration of the effect.

--- SPOILER ---
    And regarding strategy of the last level and last wave, here is a tip you might appreciate. You may notice that there is only one healer in the last wave. He starts surrounded by shielders, but soon after the healer drives away from them on first crossroad. You HAVE TO kill him before he crosses that bridge, because he will again join bunch of shielders from the other enemy spawner. Your towers should be able to kill the rest with just little bit of your assistance :)