Twitter Feeds From Game Devs

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by jmelrose, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Eskimo27

Eskimo27 Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Igloo Games' programmer/designer
    Traveling while working: Nuremberg
    twitter.com/IglooGames

2. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Thanks, man :D

3. jonaswills

jonaswills Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Colorado
    http://twitter.com/jonaswills

Haven't used it much but if I get some followers I'll post some updates on it... there's a surprise on there if you take a look though ;-D

4. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Haha, thanks. Pretty cool. Looks like a fun game.

5. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Added Jonas as well.
    (my Twitter is http://twitter.com/spmwinkel - they're protected because I'm studying to become an elementary school teacher and I don't need everyone to read everything. But feel free to request a follow, there are some iPod Touch related tweets in there, mainly me doubting about which games to pick up. ;) )

6. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    WHERE IS ROLANDO MR HAND CIRCUS??? NGMOCO GOT YOU TIED UP??

either way, great job on the game!!!

7. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    4 minutes ago

"Getting extremely excited about Rolando's imminent release. Its all grown up and ready to fly the nest! "

8. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    @jonas

the game looks good!! one thing, you should add one more level of paralax scrolling in the background. like the larger mountains behind the trees that scroll by could go by slower, or the clouds could scoll slowly..
    just adding my .02 ;) still looks really good, reminds me of my youth, rainy days, and supernintendo...

9. CraigLaw

CraigLaw Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Content & Community Manager, EA Mobile
    Los Angeles, CA
  10. HandCircus

HandCircus Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008

11. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    what is taking so long? me cry...

12. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Wowsers, an EA person

What's happening Monday?

13. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Didn't want to feel left out so here is our twitter link:

http://twitter.com/taggames

We'll post up as often as we can about whats happening in development here and maybe some exclusive preview info and free codes!!

cheers
    P

14. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    Please keep some codes for when Europe people can also benefit from them. Everybody is posting codes and I can't join in the fun. I'm sure many other people feel the same.

On the other hand - of course in general I appreciate that developers are posting codes! (And that they are active on Twitter :) )

15. AppAttack

AppAttack Well-Known Member

I'm on Twitter myself but honestly (and desperately) I have no clue what Twitter is all about?! :confused: Is it simply a tool you use to tell people what's on your mind in 130 letters or less? Is it that basic and am I that dumb?! :confused: I just don't understand it...by the time you make a post, it's buried by 100+ people. It's like talking to your friend on the trading floor of the NYSE. Besides telling everyone I have a new "review" up is there anything else you're suppose to do/say? I need a hug...

16. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    It's even better: 140 characters!!!

Yes, and no. :)
    Ah, here you're missing something. When you're on the homepage of Twitter.com, you can click on "Everyone" on the right side. THEN your post will be buried by other posts VERY quickly. However, most people don't use Twitter that way. You're following 21 people, so that means that by default you will only see the posts of those 21 people on your homepage. I just added you, so I'm one of the 4 people who follow you.
    I also follow 77 other people, so that means that your posts will be among those of the other 77 people. Some of these 77 people don't post every day, some of them post several messages each day. But they don't post so much that your post gets buried in no time. :)
    In fact, I read all the tweets by the 78 people I follow. When I wake up, I go back and read the posts that were made during the night, and that's usually ~6 pages, which is ~120 tweets. Those are made in about 6 hours.
    So the speed at which your tweet gets buried, depends on how many people your followers are following.
    Similarly: you're following 21 people so I don't think a post by any of those 21 people will get buried very fast for you.

Obviously, people who don't follow you, will probably never see your updates. So be sure to get your Twitter name known by the public: put a link to it on your website.
    You're not supposed to say/do anything you don't want. If you want to tell people you're having a cup of coffee, that's fine. I could imagine that people with an iPhone Games website don't use their Twitter account for personal stuff (or they use a seperate Twitter account for that). On the other hand, 'small' bloggers can keep their Twitter account personal by posting occasional updates about your life. Even if you're in doubt about which game to get, you might get a response by one of your followers, once you gain some more.
    By the way, for some people Twitter is way more than just personal communication. For example, often when there is a large earthquake, major news channels will tell you about it long after it has been posted on Twitter.
    I follow http://twitter.com/breakingnewson and the Dutch minister of foreign affairs http://twitter.com/maximeverhagen and know about interesting stuff way faster than that the Dutch news broadcasts report about them.

17. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Search.Twitter.com :)

18. AppAttack

AppAttack Well-Known Member

spmwinkel THANK YOU! for your help. you've cleared up A LOT of what I needed to know :) I think I'm getting the hang of this thing they call "twitter". I'm using Twitterific and so far, it's my favorite app. Thanks again for all your help...I appreciate it!! :)

19. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Anyone know of one for Gameloft?