Universal Twisty Hollow (by Arkadium)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Arkadium

Arkadium Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Our game definitely has Game Center and has it! We're looking into this today and everything looks OK on our end, so we're checking with Apple to find out why our achievements are not showing up on Game Center. It should be figured out shortly!

2. stormyspop1

stormyspop1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I bought it and it's a great game....very clever. It combines different elements from match-3 games and time management. For example, if the customers asks for bacon, you have to align the chef that's represented on the small ring on, with the knife on the center ring with the pig on the outside ring. You manually align them and it produces bacon. You then take the bacon and align it with the customer. The customer will leave coins behind.... I hope that makes sense.... It's the only way I can explain it without confusing things. The customer wants and needs change along with the characters that producing the goods. You have a miner that produces diamonds (the same way as the chef except you align him with coal and a pick axe), a guy that makes timber and so forth. Things get a little complicated when the timer is introduced along with the ring that spins. There are other obstacles such as the customer who leaves fire on one of the rings because you're taking too long to produce whatever there need is. In that instance, the fireman is introduced and you'll have to match him with the fire hydrant to put out the fire. There are boss battles as well. Those intricacies are where the challenge lies. its a very fun, clever game. As far as I can see, there are no IAP. I usually don't leave imps because I suck at writing, but I think this game needs the attention I feel it deserves. I hope I didn't confuse anyone or do the game a disservice with my summary. Its a worthy purchase if you like time management or match-3 games. Hats off to the dev for putting a twist on two of the most common game genres and making something different.

3. Arkadium

Arkadium Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Thanks for sharing your impressions, your summary was the exact opposite of a disservice!

I can also confirm that there are no IAP in Twisty Hollow.

4. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    This might be a game center error- something bizarre I've never seen. It says I have achieved 500 out of 325 points lol. But...there is another game I recently played that says 910 out of 725 points have been earned.

A poster above mentioned there is a problem with ios8 on the Air. I did not have a problem with 8.1.

Ok off to the gym!
    Don

5. Arkadium

Arkadium Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Never hurts to ask! :D

I'll check with our marketing team - they handle promo code distribution for our games. Hopefully I can get my hands on some, but I know they have their hands full sending them out to review sites this week, so it may not work out if our quantities are limited. I'll do my best though!

In the unlikely event that I can get some codes, I'll post them publicly here! So there's no need to message me privately about promo codes. ;)

6. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    #26 slewis7, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    (deleted - duplicate post)

7. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    If you do decide to give away codes, I would suggest that rather then posting them, you instead post a message here offering codes to the first "N" folks that PM you. You are more likely to get some feedback here instead of having lurkers grab them that never bother to contribute to the discussion.

By the way, as a friendly reminder, unprompted "begging" for promo codes is against the rules.

8. Arkadium

Arkadium Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Great suggestion, I'll be sure to do it that way if I can get any codes. Thanks again!

9. kie

kie Active Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Not available in AUS store...

10. Arkadium

Arkadium Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Sorry! We had to temporarily remove the game from certain countries due to the language problem mentioned earlier in this thread. The game will be available worldwide in all App Stores as soon as Apple verifies the update that fixes this problem!

11. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Just downloaded. Very excited to play.

12. Arkadium

Arkadium Member

Oct 29, 2014
    We've confirmed that Game Center is now working as expected with Twisty Hollow!

If you have the game open and still don't see it working properly, I suggest exiting it and restarting to make sure you see the updates too. Thanks again to everyone who reported this!

13. kie

kie Active Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ok thanks! Looking forward to being able to purchase...

14. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Vey polished gam so far. I have done 5 levels and each gets a like more difficult.

Really pleased and look forward to more!

15. Hamuga

Hamuga Active Member

Oct 14, 2014
    Not going to lie, I was not going to pick them game up but the trailer looked interesting and after some of the reviews here I decided to give it a try.
    It is a lot of fun!
    Only on level 5 now but totally something new and interesting.

16. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I wish the level select screen didn't reset to the first level every time you left the game. The one annoyance I have found so far.

17. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I'm there with you !

18. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Game Impressions

The presentation on this game is fantastic; that includes the art, character design, sound effects and the nice upbeat music. It is a special treat to view the level select menu; as you scroll horizontally to select the levels, the game theme beautifully changes and the music gets remixed to match.

The game play is quite fun and frantic. The game is controlled by swiping the 3 concentric circular segments to rotate them, and you need to match the various game elements to produce the required products, I have played through about ten levels and the difficulty progression seems reasonable so far; three stars has gotten to be quite challenging now. Each level introduces some new element, keeping things fresh. With Game Center support for achievements and no IAP, this is an easy game to recommend.

19. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I hope they approve it soon, this looks interesting.