Universal Twisted Fates (Universal App)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Nov 8, 2010.

1. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009

Twisted Fates

***Message to the fans: thanks for your ongoing support, for you and all new players an extra game mode TOWER CHALLENGE,…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ***Message to the fans: thanks for your ongoing support, for you and all new players an extra game mode TOWER CHALLENGE, stay alive for as long as you can and post your high-scores with OpenFeint. Please carry on supporting us by leaving reviews and we can give you more juicy content! ***

Three girls end up in a world unlike our own. Surrounded by strange creatures and odd locals, their only salvation is their...

Water guns!

Luckily water is a powerful element in this strange land, and just the thing they happen to be in possession of. Their objective now is to find a way back home, but before them stands a foe shrouded in darkness, terrorizing the local population.

Are the girls fated to face this dark being in order to get back home?

Choose one of three stories to kick start the 35 beautifully designed levels which include action, exploration and stealth. Brilliantly designed cute and crazy enemies teamed with dangerous bosses. Unlock new games, weapons and playable characters and even compete online and earn achievements!

Get your water guns ready and take aim!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Adventure, Role Playing
    Release:Nov 08, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

A platformer starring big boobs? And water guns? Hm... wet t-shirts?

3. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Writer/ Music Producer
    Germany & Tokyo
    Yeah, this HAS to be good! :D

But the Leuvision Profile is not really convincing... :(

4. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Apparently this is way better than any of there other efforts

5. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

Hehe... yeah, could be fun! :)

6. Yes, their, er, water guns appear to be quite ample. For the task.

Interesting, this is by Leuvsion, the Aussie who, two years ago, video blogged his efforts at learning how to program for the first time and writing an iPhone game all in one month. (He did, though the game, Apocalypse, and its free spinoff Go Balloon are no longer available on the App Store for some reason.) Apparently he's written a few other games since then; I kind of fell out of touch with him unfortunately.

This doesn't look too bad -- he seems to be using the same artist as before. Gameplay will determine whether it's worth it though. Anyone wanna TOFTT and find out how effective those water balloons guns are?

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Controls will make or break this game. Keeping an eye for impressions.

8. Howlingwolf

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Im gonna TOFTT stand by for impressions

9. dyscode

Apr 11, 2010
    Writer/ Music Producer
    Germany & Tokyo
    #9 dyscode, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
    Yeah if the controls are good I get it, def.!
    And good to know some backgrounds. :)

10. Howlingwolf

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Ok i have spent a few minutes with this game and im not sure what i think about it .
    Essentially it is a platformer set in very small chapters , in each chapter you have to reach the exit freeing creatures that are eyeballs on legs these are trapped in some sort of goo which you get rid of using your water pistol. Also around the levels there are creatures you have too kill again via shooting with your pistol. During my time playing my character was leveling up as up to now im not sure what difference it was making to my character. There also seems to be an option to play as one of the 3 characters at the beggining playing as there story this gives you different chapters ( levels ). It looks like there are only 7 levels for each character but they seem very short. There is also an extra game call Cora-bolt which plays like Cannabalt obviously where the similiar name has come from.

Controls are left and right arrows and an A button for shooting and B for jumping, these work very welll and are responsive.
    Graphics are very nicely done as is the music so no complaints there either.

Overall the game looks nice and plays well but it seems it could be short although the extra game will give something to come back too after completing all the levels.

I would score this game a 3 out of 5 but its worth a buck.

11. dyscode

Apr 11, 2010
    Writer/ Music Producer
    Germany & Tokyo
    Game Impressions

So I also got this, could not resist.

There are some fine manga babes in, so the $1 is already earned.:rolleyes:

The Graphic are simple but nice, animation is OK, too.
    The controls do their work and let you do some precise jumps,
    which is utterly needed since the level design require u often to make a leap of faith or land on a very small platform.

Essentially you cannot, that is you don´t seem to lose lives. You just have to restart the, as mentioned before, very short level.

Enemy AI is horribly stupid. Always running in your direction even if there is a wall between you and them. This makes it sometimes complicated.
    To jump over said wall AND avoid the enemy,

Later it gets more complicated. This will keep you entertained for an hour or two. when rating it, it would be rather 4 than 3 stars but the truth is more like a solid 3.5.
    So yeah, if you feel inclined, try it. :)

12. Leuvsion

Leuvsion Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Leuvsion here

Heya guys,
    Just found this thread, cheers for the comments so far! - also for anyone thinking the game is just 3 * 7 levels your in for a BIG surprise and also extra goals after that :p

any questions, go ahead!

13. Howlingwolf

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Cool then I will increase my score to a solid 4 then ;) . Great little platform game .