iPad Tux Rider World Challenge

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ficbot, Jan 24, 2009.

1. ficbot

ficbot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
  2. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Right now it's free.

3. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    This is the type of iDevice game that's only good if you can't afford to buy anything on the App Store. But it's waaaaay better than that crappy Slope Rider.

4. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I've only messed with it for a few minutes, but I think it's a carp load of fun for a free game. I seriously don't see why they aren't charging for it. It is really polished (overused word, I know...) and has a nice tutorial, and worldwide and local country leaderboards. This game is much better than others I have paid much more for (crazy penguin catapult comes to mind). There is no reason not to try this one out...if you don't like it, delete it, but I will be surprised if it's universally hated.

5. Used to be a good game as there weren't many when using linux.iPhone version requires you create an online account to race. Sorry but I'd be ticked had I paid money for this. Deleting now. Used to use linux as my desktop for the whole year in 2001..but have since given up on it for end users. Still use it for web servers though.

6. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    The game is amazing as far as free games go. Tons of courses, easy to use, well implemented accelerometer/touch controls, polished, decent but feasible graphics, online scoring.... I could go on. Have been playing this for a good 20 minutes and it is definitely a keeper! The one enhancement that it could use is CPU Racing.

7. riceman360

riceman360 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    do you need to log in every time you want to race, or just the first time? also, did anyone have trouble creating an account? every time i submit a new ID it says "unknown error". quite frustrating.